Forum not updating

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Post Reply
Badhon_raj
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Forum not updating

Post by Badhon_raj » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi,
I've recently upgraded the forum to 3.2.5 from 3.2.3.
After upgrading, users are complaining that the forum content isn't upgrading properly.
They are seeing a "Cached" version of pages.
This is happing to recent posts,active topics and forums section as well. They are not seeing the latest reply in those section.

Any clue, how do I find the reason of the issue?

There're a few extensions installed, the usual, like share on, recent posts, similar topics, media embed etc. everything else is working properly and these plugins never cause any problem before.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66320
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Forum not updating

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:45 pm

yes, a link to the board .

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

User avatar
david63
Registered User
Posts: 16164
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:08 am
Location: Lancashire, UK
Name: David Wood
Contact:

Re: Forum not updating

Post by david63 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 pm

Does your board have a caching system such as Cloudflare installed?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Badhon_raj
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forum not updating

Post by Badhon_raj » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:45 pm
yes, a link to the board .

robert
http://go.orthohin.com/11NRC

david63 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 pm
Does your board have a caching system such as Cloudflare installed?
Yes, using cloudflare free for a while.
Never had this problem before.
Could it be a problem now?

Thanks both of you for quick responses. :)

User avatar
</Solidjeuh>
Registered User
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am
Location: Aalst (Belgium)
Name: Andy Dm
Contact:

Re: Forum not updating

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:41 pm

You need to purge the cache in the cloudflare dashboard somewhere ... https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... everything
Register a free account & Play!!
~~~ https://www.solidjeuh.be ~~~
Have a secret? --> https://www.tellyoursecrets.eu

Badhon_raj
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forum not updating

Post by Badhon_raj » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:43 pm

</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:41 pm
You need to purge the cache in the cloudflare dashboard somewhere ... https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... everything
ok, just did that.
Let's see if that helps.
Note that this happens randomely.
If a user refreshes a page, then sometimes he sees new content, and sometime not.
I mean it's not stuck on some older cached version of the page.

User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 66320
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Forum not updating

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am

a couple of things to think about.

go to your hosting control panel and turn off cloudfare completly for a while to test.

you also have some type of seo deal that is renaming all the links.

my tool says no board found at that url however it is definitely there.

check your htaccess file . if you have any redirects going on try turning that off to see.

also, what version of php is running on the server
and finally, if it was working correctly and then stopped and you did not change anything then it has to be the host changed something.

contact support and ask for level two support, the people on the phone/email etc. don't know what they are doing so you need to bump up the support level a little.

luck,
robert

oh, it is probably going to wind up being a problem with cloudfare. we see so many problems that are caused by that mess.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Badhon_raj
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Forum not updating

Post by Badhon_raj » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:20 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am
a couple of things to think about.

go to your hosting control panel and turn off cloudfare completly for a while to test.

you also have some type of seo deal that is renaming all the links.

my tool says no board found at that url however it is definitely there.

check your htaccess file . if you have any redirects going on try turning that off to see.

also, what version of php is running on the server
and finally, if it was working correctly and then stopped and you did not change anything then it has to be the host changed something.

contact support and ask for level two support, the people on the phone/email etc. don't know what they are doing so you need to bump up the support level a little.

luck,
robert

oh, it is probably going to wind up being a problem with cloudfare. we see so many problems that are caused by that mess.

robert
Thanks, Will try disabling cloudflare.
PHP Version 7.2.2-1+0~20180205160612.18+jessie~1.gbpb78b58
It's on DO VPS, completely unmanaged, so I don;t think host changed anything in there.
It worked perfectly untill the upgrade.
Last version was 3.2.3
Upgraded to 3.2.5 a few days ago.
Restoring backup to go back is not an option, cause We'd loose many posts and activities. Users certainly won't appreciate that.
htaccess file is modified for the seo tool but those rules are there for years. didn't make any change to htaccess in a long time.
The only known change was the upgrade. (didn't overwrite htaccess obviously)

Post Reply

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”