Large number of posts waiting for approval after migrating to phpBB3.2.5 from phpBB3.0.x

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
boka18

Large number of posts waiting for approval after migrating to phpBB3.2.5 from phpBB3.0.x

Post by boka18 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I have a (weird?) problem. So I migrated a forum that was based on phpBB3.0.x to phpBB3.2.5 with no problems whatsoever, except one!
I followed the official how-to and I was able to update the forum but now I have a lot of posts waiting for approval.
From what I gathered there is no option to Bulk Approve them all.

Any help is appreciated!!

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Large number of posts waiting for approval after migrating to phpBB3.2.5 from phpBB3.0.x

Post by stevemaury » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:15 pm

You can approve them all with SQL, but first, you need to find out why they need approval. Are you using the Newly Registered users group? Does your registered users group require approval? Why is this happening?

But here is the SQL:

Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_visibility = 1 WHERE post_visibility = 0;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_visibility = 1 WHERE topic_visibility = 0;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_posts_approved = topic_posts_unapproved + topic_posts_unapproved;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_posts_unapproved = 0 WHERE topic_posts_unapproved > 0;
If your table prefix is NOT phpbb_ change accordingly.

Disable the board in the ACP before running this AND BACKUP the users, posts and topics tables BEFORE running this SQL.

After you run this, Resync the post counts and statistics in the ACP, General tab.

Test everything thoroughly before re-enabling the Board. If there are any issues, restore your backups and post back here.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

boka18

Re: Large number of posts waiting for approval after migrating to phpBB3.2.5 from phpBB3.0.x

Post by boka18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks for your help! It worked :)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”