Have 2 old servers and I did this to one and thought it work on the other and they are both on my LAN.
Got a old database backup and I keep restoring it and delete what is in the /usr/share/phpbb3/cache folder.
Go to phpbb/install/app.php/update and press the Update and I get back this all the time.
I did do all this on a faster server and it worked and then I put that database it updated on the slower server and it has some broken links. So can't do it like that.
Edit all sort of php max_execution_time and systemctl restart apache2 and run the update again and it all ways stops at 84%
I can go to the board and it seems to work but some links can't be displayed.
Edit the /etc/php/7.3/apache2/php.ini and put a bigger number in all the size parts. I even made a phprc file in /etc/php/7.3 folder and it has this in it:
Code: Select all
upload_max_filesize = 900M post_max_size = 905M max_execution_time = 900 max_input_time = 900 memory_limit = 128M
Was trying it on the command line to but just don't know how to do the same command like they do in apache2.
php bin/phpbbcli.php --safe-mode db:migrate
That did not help.
Did things like:
./phpbbcli.php update --safe-mode db:migrate
./phpbbcli.php update --database only
Maybe the next update of phpbb3 it will not just say in red use the CLI. But show how do do the CLI command line.
Been working on this a long time and just can't get it to work and seems like a lot are having this same problem. I looked at a lot of them and nothing works.