some forums not displaying

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
robtig

some forums not displaying

Post by robtig »

Hi Just did fresh upgrade to 3.2.7 from 3.1.9. Followed directions. All extensions disabled. Forum is working but some I click on and they display fine but others like "site suggestions and updates" dont display properly. It looks like its breaking the page. Website is viragohelp.com/phpbb3/
Please help I am stuck.

update:
Here is the link to show how it is displaying
https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=10
some forum links display fine and others display like this one.
I uploaded full 3.2.7 added old directories as I was supposed to and only did the database update. Havent made any other changes but playing with extensions and tried with them all disabled and it made no difference.
Also tried purging the cache
Actually all forums work but "PARK YOUR BIKE HERE" AND "SITE SUGGESTIONS AND UPDATES" weird...
.m.

Re: some forums not displaying

Post by .m. »

have you tried purging forum cache ?

required style sheets are not loading for those specific forums.

can you check what is special about them ...

do they alone use any extension or any special widgets of sidebar ?

forum cache might need purging after disabling / enabling the extensions
david63

Post by david63 »

It looks to me as if one, or more fora have their own style set. The one that is in error is using AllanStyle-SUBSILVER (which is not installed) whereas the others are using prosilver
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
robtig

Post by robtig »

david63 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 am
It looks to me as if one, or more fora have their own style set. The one that is in error is using AllanStyle-SUBSILVER (which is not installed) whereas the others are using prosilver
I went to log into acp to try to see if those 2 forums were incorrectly set but I can not log into my acp now. Just made a new post about that. Im sure your fix is what is wrong. there must be a setting for each forum section to use a specific template and that as you suggested will fix the problem.
Will gladly send you few bucks via paypal for that answer. Many thanks david63 shoot me your paypal address.
robtig

Post by robtig »

Ok was an extension breaking my acp login. Uploaded disable all extensions file via ftp and ran it. Now to see which one broke it. Also the default forum style was indeed the problem with them 2 forums so please do send me your paypal so I can send you a few bucks. Thanks!
david63

Post by david63 »

robtig wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
please do send me your paypal so I can send you a few bucks.
Thanks - but drop it in the next charity box that you pass
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
robtig

Post by robtig »

will do many thanks. one more question. Was using board3portal on my 3.1.9 but it is clearly breaking the forum now on 3.2.7 so I am left without my sidebars that I had. I searched for sidebar on the extensions DB but nothing showed up. Could you point me in a direction where I can get this straightened out as there is no support for board3portal from what I saw.
.m.

Post by .m. »

just a note to the helpers :
above referred issue is solved through this topic => need help with sidebars

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”