need help with sidebars

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
robtig

need help with sidebars

Post by robtig »

Before i upgraded from 3.1.9 I was using board3portal for the sidebar functionality. Well it is now breaking the board if I try to use it. It works but makes me unable to access the acp at all once enabled and I had to use the disable all extensions script through ftp to restorte it back. I am looking for another sidebar solution.
I am trying to follow this tutorial - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -tutorial/
to make my own sidebars but following these directions,
Find:
Code: Select all

</div>

<a name="start_here"></a>

Replace with:

<a name="start_here"></a>

Now we’re going to add our sidebar structural code.

Find:

<div class="navbar">
Those lines are not in my overall header file so I stopped there. Does anyone have a suggestion for me to add sidebars as I only found one extension and it no longer has the files for it available called [DEV] Sidebar Menu here viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2468741
I am looking for any solution be it an extension or someone helping me fix board3portal to work. Ive done lots of searching but am stuck.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: need help with sidebars

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

You will need to update the board3 extension to use it on phpBB 3.2.x
I have a version on my server for 3.2 with all bug fixes included: https://www.solidjeuh.be/scripts/board3.zip
Last edited by </Solidjeuh> on Fri May 10, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
robtig

Post by robtig »

I hope this works! Thank you so much I will give it a go right now. Should I just overwrite the existing folders or start from scratch?
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

robtig wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:15 am
I hope this works! Thank you so much I will give it a go right now. Should I just overwrite the existing folders or start from scratch?
Disable the extension via ACP. Then upload the new files. Yes, you can just overwrite the old ones. Then enable and clear forum cache.
robtig

Post by robtig »

This appears to have fixed it! Thank you so much. I tried loggin in and out of acp and it is now fixed. 'crossed fingers' Is this your extension? Can I donate? Also is there a way to make it show recent topics on right hand sidebars? I was never able to figure this out before. Thank you!!
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

No it's still from the Board3 author. There are update instructions on his board, but it's easier to just use my already updated version :D No need to donate, glad it works :D And no I don't think so, try asking the author... maybe he can create a module.
robtig

Post by robtig »

Thanks again!!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”