Upgrade from 3.2.5 to 3.2.7: "The installer detected a timeout" error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
luconsta

Upgrade from 3.2.5 to 3.2.7: "The installer detected a timeout" error

Post by luconsta » Sat May 18, 2019 9:12 am

Hello,

I have tried to use "automatic update" option, downloaded the package "Download phpBB 3.2.5 to 3.2.7 Update Package (zip)" but in the update process I have mistakenly choose the FTP option without completing anything in the FTP fields.

Now I'm "stuck" on the "Update files" section with no choice to go back and select another update method and continuing with "Update files" it just show an error message "The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."

Fortunately, removing/renaming the "install" folder will let me use the forum but even I try to copy again the "install" and "vendor" folder from the update package will get me directly to the "update files" section with no way to choose another updating option.

Made a backup of the database before update, restore it but the problem persists.

How can I update my board. How can I get into the update options to select something else instead of FTP?

Kind Regards,
Lucian

luconsta

Re: Upgrade from 3.2.5 to 3.2.7: "The installer detected a timeout" error

Post by luconsta » Sat May 18, 2019 9:21 am

Sorry... I have found the solution. :D

Just deleted the store/install_config.php and the update process was started from beginning. Now I have selected the proper option "direct file access" and the update was successfully.

"Case closed"

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”