Some of my forum's users see nothing but a white screen when they log in

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
KFV420

Some of my forum's users see nothing but a white screen when they log in

Post by KFV420 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:43 am

Apparently it's getting progressively worse for some, as in, more and more browsers become unable to load the forum. It's affecting about 10-15% of the users.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I was trying some new extensions shortly before people started reporting the forum not working. I uninstalled one improperly (forgot to delete the files in the ACP before deleting them on the site). It still showed up in the ACP. I thought I fixed it by reinstalling phpBB...it no longer showed up in the ACP. All the files and everything inside phpBB appears to be in order. However, the problem persists for some users.

There are no entries in the phpBB error log. In the server error log, the only entries from the past three months are:

[08-May-2019 01:58:30 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home3/scfzforu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-client.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/scfzforu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/jetpack.php on line 102
[08-May-2019 01:58:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home3/scfzforu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-client.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home3/scfzforu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/jetpack.php on line 102
[08-May-2019 01:58:30 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function is_user_logged_in() in /home3/scfzforu/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/endurance-page-cache.php:721

This is the forum: https://scfzforum.org

I have searched everywhere but can't find anyone with a similar problem. Anyone know what I should do?

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Some of my forum's users see nothing but a white screen when they log in

Post by Mick » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am

One thing I notice is you have cookie secure disabled and it should be enabled if you’re using ssl.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 am

Those error messages are referring to WP plugins!
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Yes. Those errors are from Wordpress, not phpBB.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”