Can one database support more than one phpbb?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
traincity321

Can one database support more than one phpbb?

Post by traincity321 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:51 pm

I've successfully uploaded this great software.

I have a business url for this software. www.example.com/phpbb
Everything works great so far!

I have another completely unrelated web site that is a subdomain of my business site. www.example.com/othersite

Is it possible to run two different sites from one single database? Or will I have to go through the installation again for the other URL.

I have looked through the software much more thoroughly now and understand most of the styles. Would using the footer and header in templates be my only option to sandwich bb3 with my site's footer and header? I've done this with java before but couldn't get it to work trying it in hurry. (I asked this question before.)

Thanks very much for any help!!

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Can one database support more than one phpbb?

Post by thecoalman » Mon May 27, 2019 9:47 pm

You would install just as you did before. When you get to the database options during the install process there is option for the prefix for the tables which by default is phpbb_. Just change it to phpbb2_ or whatever you want for the second installation.
Would using the footer and header in templates be my only option to sandwich bb3 with my site's footer and header?
Continue in the original topic abut this, thanks.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”