Auto Group Migration Failure!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Helios7

Auto Group Migration Failure!

Post by Helios7 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi All,

I have increased post numbers to each user groups so moderators have more time to know about the users nature.

And In-order to both control spammers and members who violate forum rules i have introduced 3 new groups for manual allocation by admins (all are duplicates of "Newly registered members group"), first group is to discreetly bring users post to screening, second is to alert the user about issues, third is a warning tag. Once user avoids issues they are manually returned back to their original groups.

Now after having done that and its been several months and several forum updates have been performed. I could notice groups aren't auto changing based on post count, both for regular users and also for those who were temporarily moved to spam groups and returned back to original groups.

Please let me know the issue and suggest me solution for the same. Also let me know the best practices for user groups like number of posts per user group other than the default post count.

Best regards,
Helios

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Auto Group Migration Failure!

Post by Brf » Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm

if you are using an extension to automatically move users to/from a group you should post in that extension's support area.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Brf wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm
if you are using an extension to automatically move users to/from a group you should post in that extension's support area.
Yes, i thought phpBB auto managed groups, just saw an extension called "Auto Groups" and i've been updating it along with other updates without giving any thoughts, do i need this extension or does phpBB have an inbuilt option to automate group upgrade for users based on number of posts?

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue May 28, 2019 5:44 pm

There is nothing in vanilla phpBB for moving users from group to group. You would need an extension.
The Newly Registered Users group has a special rule where new users are Removed from it after they have posted the "New User Limit" of posts, but those users are not moved to another group, only removed from the NRU group.

Helios7

Post by Helios7 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Ok, thanks for the info.

Plz let me know what is "Set group default exemptions:" under groups "manage auto groups"? What happens if we select a particular group and hit submit?

Also under "Manage auto groups" it says "There are no auto groups." And the "Set group default exemptions:" has all the groups listed. Shouldn't all the groups be under auto groups for the to move automatically based on users post?

I have posted request on extension support, but if you have an idea about this plz assist.

Best regards,
Helios

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue May 28, 2019 6:48 pm

There is no extension support here. It would be in the support area for the particular extension.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”