It is common for older boards:
- first owner ("Joe") installs a board - admin "Joe" gets ID 2
- after a few years, ownership changes to "Jim", User "Jim" with ID 936 gets founder status, founder status of "Joe" is removed, all permissions including ftp credentials are transferred to "Jim". "Jim" changes credentials
- a few years later, another founder "Jason" is nominated to assist "Jim" - "Jason" with ID 4711 will be founder too
- afterwards, User "Joe" has no interest to participate any more, and ask the board admins to remove his account - User ID 2 will be deleted.
"Jim" can always use his ftp access to download the database backup
What happens if there is a
- 3a. intermezzo: "Joe" gets angry with "Jim" and wants to access all board data
With your extension, "Joe" can download the database backup and has access to all personal and confidential data stored in the database.