3.2.7. Version Failing To Work - URGENT

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Yorkermiles
Name: Miles

3.2.7. Version Failing To Work - URGENT

Post by Yorkermiles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am

I have just updated my forum to 3.2.7 and I am having big problems and my website is down.
I ran the update and it allowed me to go to ACP but the actual website will not load HTTP ERROR 500
I have gone over the process again an again and have no reason to see this fail.
Can anyone as a matter of urgency help me get this sorted as the website is down.
When I ran the update it did say that no such update directory existed and that I could run update database only.
The board index sends me to this link which is odd.
https://norfolkbroadsforum.co.uk/index. ... 36515

.m.

Re: 3.2.7. Version Failing To Work - URGENT

Post by .m. » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am

before updating, have you uploaded files of phpBB 3.2.7 ?

your web host control panel should be having link to server error log.
can you check its latest entries to trace cause of internal server error 500

EA117

Re: 3.2.7. Version Failing To Work - URGENT

Post by EA117 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Yorkermiles wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am
I ran the update and it allowed me to go to ACP but the actual website will not load HTTP ERROR 500
Agree with .m. that the either the web server error log or the PHP-specific error log on the server would hold clues to specifically what is causing the 500 status. Knowing that information will help more definitively point to a cause, rather than guessing what the cause might be.

One common reason after a phpBB 3.2.7 update has been the MediaEmbed extension. If you were running that extension, then the steps </Solidjeuh> suggested in this post may help: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2513266&p=15267476#p15267476

Another common issue has been side-effects caused by not deleting your current /vendor directory as is recommended in the update steps, before uploading the new /vendor directory. The effects of not deleting the current /vendor directory can vary depending on what extensions you have, so that's another possibility for why a 500 status is being reported.
Yorkermiles wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am
When I ran the update it did say that no such update directory existed and that I could run update database only.
That part is normal, and is apparently just an indication that you're using the full package download (as is recommended) rather than one of the smaller update-only downloads. That confirmation message can appear during a completely 100% successful update, so don't consider that to be an issue.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”