General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
GalaxyFunder

General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Post by GalaxyFunder » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:48 am

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: <email address>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't want to delete EVERYTHING and lose our Google page #1 ranking.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Post by KevC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 am

That's not much to go on.
What were you doing before it happened? Errors don't usually happen unless someone did something.

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am

If I am not mistaken that error is caused when the ANONYMOUS user has been deleted.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

GalaxyFunder

Post by GalaxyFunder » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 am

It seems to be working to register people at galaxyfunderwebmasters.com, but it told ME the Admin that I'd exceeded my login attempts. Was searching the DB and thought ANONYMOUS was a hacker. I hired someone at Fiverr.com to install this upgraded version for me, since I didn't know what I was doing.
Has received A LOT of Russian language posts so started deleting them. Saw something saying if I wanted security, to change the DB prefixes. Did that. But now after restoring the original names of the DB's things are still not going too well.

Says I'm using PHP Version 7.2.16 but I don''t know where to locate that mysqli thing. Unless THIS is it...
mysqli
MysqlI Support enabled
Client API library version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 3591daad22de08524295e1bd073aceeff11e6579 $
Active Persistent Links 0
Inactive Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Directive Local Value Master Value
mysqli.allow_local_infile Off Off
mysqli.allow_persistent On On
mysqli.default_host no value no value
mysqli.default_port 3306 3306
mysqli.default_pw no value no value
mysqli.default_socket no value no value
mysqli.default_user no value no value
mysqli.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysqli.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysqli.reconnect Off Off
mysqli.rollback_on_cached_plink Off

----------edit-----------

I hired someone on Fiverr to upgrade to latest version. When I saw in the DB some ANONYMOUS user who had done a lot of stuff without my permssions OF COURSE I deleted the Anonymous user. Along with all of those Russian Language posts that are surely off topic.

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, No-Bot Registration.
Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 207 of the file /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-content/plugins/no-bot-registration/no-bot-registration.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function add() on string in /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-content/plugins/no-bot-registration/no-bot-registration.php:207
Stack trace:
#0 /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): ajdg_nobot_filter('letters@devicto...')
#1 /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('letters@devicto...', Array)
#2 /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-includes/user.php(2434): apply_filters('user_registrati...', 'letters@devicto...')
#3 /home/galaxyfunder/www/www/wp-login.php(806): register_new_user('owner-22', 'letters@devicto...')
#4 {main}
thrown

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I uninstalled that plugin then deleted it. Now I can login to the WP site but I made a redirect to send traffic to the FORUMS subdomain so the BBS can be active. . It seems no probress was made.

Does this make any sense? That help ticket thing told me to login which I can't do. Then it said delete everything and begin again. Not wanting to do THAT unless final option.
Thanks for your continued support and suggestions guys.
GalaxyFunderWebmasters.com

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:28 am

The anonymous user is required by phpBB, see this post for restoring it.

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2513446#p15268481

GalaxyFunder

Post by GalaxyFunder » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I deleted EVERYTHING and after the fresh install (latest stable version) this is what I get. Should be much easier to decipher.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 am

KevC wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 am
Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 pm

bit of advice. don't hire anyone to work on your phpbb ( or wordpress for that matter ) without doing some research on them.

whoever you hired from fiver apparently did not know what they were doing.
not saying don't hire someone from fiver etc. but ask them about their experience with phpbb, come here to check them out etc.
or, just come here for help or to hire help. at least you can be sure the people here know something about phpbb.

also, no wordpress plugin came from here. phpbb has nothing to do with wordpress and there are no plugins in phpbb. they are called extensions.

just so you will know next time.

hope you will get this all fixed and get your board back .

luck,
robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”