Content not appearing in password protected area

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
JellyB

Content not appearing in password protected area

Post by JellyB » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 am

Hi all,

For dual-layer safety, as have a forum on our 3.2 board with both user permissions and password protection applied, and the same password for all categories within the forum. For this example let's call is ForumA.

When I move topics from other forums into ForumA it seems they disappear - no longer in original forum but not appearing in ForumA.
When I post content within ForumA the "quick-mod" tools for moving or splitting topics do not appear, and the "information" icon does not appear as in other forums above the content.

I am my board's admin&founder.
Does anyone have any clues as to why this may be? I have another board set up the same but without these issues so seems to be a configuration issue but I cannot figure it out..

Please&thank you

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Content not appearing in password protected area

Post by david63 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:04 am

I doubt that it would be the password that is causing the problem but just to make sure try removing the password.

Does the board use the default prosilver style? If not then try using prosilver (whilst still having the password removed) to rule out it being a style issue.

If neither of those resolve the problem then I would suspect that it is a permissions issue.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 pm

The ability to move and split etc is a moderator permission so make sure you're in the global mods group to do those things. You can always use the permission masks to check such actions.

It's a bit unnecessary to do permissions and a password. It doesn't really add any protection. If someone has told another user what the password is for the forum they're just as likely to give them the account login to see it as well so that may be over complicating things.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

JellyB

Post by JellyB » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 am

Thank you I'll try the above. It's not on default prosilver so I'll try that as well.

I hear you regarding the overcomplication. Our board's run for an organisation though so it keeps managerial concern regarding information compromise at bay.

Thanks!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”