[SOLVED] Doubt about ranks

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tarantino

[SOLVED] Doubt about ranks

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 am

Hi there, I've the same doubt as here: viewtopic.php?t=1053865

Basically, I've set at ACP - users - ranks, many ranks, and some of them I've added minimum posts of 50, 100, 150, 200, but then I cant saw the rank image below the avatar on viewtopic. Why?

Do I really need to set a rank to a group to appear that rank? Because I didnt wanted to add Group/Permissions complexity above a simple thing, just simple "Ranks". Users would still keep the same group.

I've last phpBB 3.2.7
Last edited by Tarantino on Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Doubt about ranks

Post by JimA » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:14 am

I'm not really clear on what exactly the problem is you and the topic you're linking to is experiencing.

Could you post a link to your board and maybe some screenshots for some further clarification on the issue? :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:21 am

At ACP I've setup ranks with minimum posts.
1 image rank for 50 posts, another image rank for 100 posts and go on...
I've users with 60 and 120 posts. But below their username on viewtopic, they still dont get the rank. Why?
On other hand, the admin, has a speciak rank image, that is provided by the group he is in.

Do I need to wait for the users in question to send another message? Does phpbb only give the rank to the user when the user makes a new post?
I thought this was automatic or atleast a cron? Or by just synchronize posts at ACP?

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:42 am

Here it is my ranks:
https://i.imgur.com/IAsclD2.png

And how it looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/TNXW5rv.png

It should add right away the ranks right? What am I missing?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:46 am

In my experience ranks have always been automatic - you set them up in the way that you appear to have done and they will be applied. The only exception would be if you have a rank set for the group (Registered users maybe).

There is also a possibility that an extension is causing a problem.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:05 am

Thank you david. I'll take a look at those. It makes sense. More news soon.

EDIT: Disabled all extensions, nothing. I've then check the user, and the users in question are only at 1 group: Registered and I check that group settings, and the group rank is at "user default". But there is a group color. But dont think that would be the culprit. I'll check if its the style.

EDIT2: Nope, not the style either... Strange. Isnt this a 3.2.7 bug? Because this seems to be working with a fresh 3.2.5. I'll test with a fresh 3.2.7.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Problem solved. Since the forum was some months ago converted from another system, it had some missing field on database :lol: Thanks for the help.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”