Properly setting up a newly registered group

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
flchans

Properly setting up a newly registered group

Post by flchans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello guys. So I am using this feature that new registrations go into newly registered group with limited access and some permissions regular users have set to "never".

The problem is I seem to be unable to get them kicked out of a newly registered group after reaching 6 approved messages. I.e. a moderator approves 6 messages of a person but they still have that group to their account.

As you can see, in the registration setting I currently have 5 messages needed. But it doesn't work, and neither did 6 beforehand. I operated out of the logic that maybe if you set 5 messages then upon approving the 6th one user gets kicked out of the newly registered group.

However, I can't say the feature doesn't work at all. It does, but by that time they have like 8-9 messages.

Maybe the "check" and the action is not instantaneous and is done, like, once 24 hours or something? Maybe there's something I can do so that users cease to become newly registered the very same moment they got their 6th post approved?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Properly setting up a newly registered group

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Have they logged in since passing the threshold?

They don't drop out of the group until the log in next time.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

flchans

Post by flchans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Ahh, interesting. So the check is not done upon every post of theirs, but upon every login. That explains why would they sometimes get rid of the group upon having more than 6 messages, if they got premoderated more than needed before. That also means I can set it to 6 again and the problem is not on my side, so to speak.

But just so we are on the same page, does login here equal to visiting the forum under their account? I mean, they could have opted to be remembered and not have to login every time. It would still work then?

And no, they weren't online since.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm

You're correct.

Say I register, make 10 posts and leave.
You approve all 10
I'm still in the newly registered group until I come back to the site and my 'status' is re-assessed and then I will drop out of that group and become a normal user.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

flchans

Post by flchans » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Thanks! Was just concerned if maybe I was doing something wrong and it wasn't working as intended.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:01 pm

Easy to test.

Make an account, make 7 posts, log out, approve them, check with your admin account if they're in the group, log back in, check again.
Cheap UK Hosting

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”