Hello. Looking for an extension

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Yann-Kaelig

Hello. Looking for an extension

Post by Yann-Kaelig » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Hello,

I'm Yann-Kaelig, musician and advanced GnuLinux user.
I'm testing phpBB on my local server and I'm looking for an extension. After a quick tour in the dedicated section and with all of these extension, I thought it would be wiser to ask about what exactly I'm looking for.

So, I'm looking for an extension that could block one or more sections of the forum until the new member has completed one or more predefined actions.
For example, it could be mandatory for the new member to introduce themselves in a dedicated section of the forum, to get an unlock of all or only a part of the forum. Unlocking would be either automatic or with manual intervention.
In the case of manual intervention, a user ( admin, operator, ... ) with proper permission could accomplish this task.

Here is the idea, would there be something like in my description ?

In advance, thank you

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Hello. Looking for an extension

Post by david63 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 am

From what you have asked for there that is all possible within the core of phpBB.

If you set up your board to use the Newly Registered user group with a count of one and you set the permissions for that group so that they can only post in the "Introductions" forum then once they have made that post, and it has been approved, they will then have access to the rest of the board.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”