Doubts about polls

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: Doubts about polls

Post by 3Di » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Moderators should have a MCP panel indeed. ACP for Admins.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:24 pm

warmweer wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:22 am
Tarantino wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:37 pm
... And what about dates, if the poll doesnt have a date and some days later I add one, will it reset it?
Logically, there's no need for the poll to be reset in that case.
If you haven't entered a date (actually AFAIR you don't input a date but the number of days the poll is open for voting), so If you didn't edit the number of days, then the poll will be open 'till hell freezes over. And editing the number of days will just define the end-date, so you'll either define the end-date (in the future) or effectively close the poll (since the poll has reached its end-date).
My test poll was deleted yesterday so I didn't test this but I'm quite confident I'm right about this.

added: I had another poll and tested on that: my reasoning is correct 8-)

Are you saying its possible to close an opened poll that doesnt have and end date? Because I dont want to delete the poll, but I want to close the poll to not accept new votes, but I want to cancel right now, but I didnt saw any option for that.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Tarantino wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Are you saying its possible to close an opened poll that doesnt have and end date? Because I dont want to delete the poll, but I want to close the poll to not accept new votes, but I want to cancel right now, but I didnt saw any option for that.
A poll which doesn't have an end date is a poll with "numbers of days" left empty, in other words, it is open endlessly. Once you enter a number of days which is smaller than the number of days past since creation of that poll, you have effectively entered an "end-date", which is in the past : so the poll will be closed. The poll will not be deleted (that is another action altogether).
What do you mean with you want to cancel right now?
Last edited by warmweer on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:26 pm

In my testboard I have just entered the days (poll duration / retroactively) and now the poll is closed.
No guarantee - but it worked for me (assuming of course that you have the right to edit a post).
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My phpBB Style Board & MoreNew version of Style FlowerPowerBROWSERLING - Test your style live in all IE Versions
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school. The best online Translator

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Oh thanks! Got it now. I thught that if I put 1 day, it would close tomorrow. But as you said, it will look for the votation creation date.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”