Forum locked up?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BB1955

Forum locked up?

Post by BB1955 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:55 am

I'm waiting for a call from the guy who helps me with the forums. But until then......

I'm running 3.2.?

The forums report 0 users on and 0 guests
If I try to log on I get a message "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
I can't go to the ACP because I can't log on.

I have left a ticket with my hosting company JaguarPC

Darryl

http://russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/

EA117

Re: Forum locked up?

Post by EA117 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:27 am

It's running 3.2.7 (by taking a peek at your changelog).

Everything looks fine with the login form on your style, and the cookie settings look fine to me too. But I get "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." when I try to login on your site, too. So "it's not just you", nor a need to delete your local cookies or similar in your local browser or similar.

For sites that have a real persistent issue with this, turning off the "Tie forms to guest sessions" configuration in phpBB can help undo part of a change that was made in phpBB 3.2.6 and later.

When you can't get into ACP, Steve posted an SQL update you can run through myPhpAdmin or similar to update the configuration database directly, using your hosting account access instead of ACP.

I don't know why your site is having this issue; only that the possibility of this issue was introduced in phpBB 3.2.6 and later. But setting "Tie forms to guest sessions" to "No" may help work around the issue for now.

BB1955

Post by BB1955 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am

Here is what is interesting. I went to my hosting control panel and then to myphpAdmin.

Looked at the DB and there is no line in there like the one in the example to change (like you suggested).

I tried to backup the DB (as usual) and it would never start downloading. My browser just wirls and says something like waiting for host (the server I'm on). But it don't backup either.

Darryl

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 pm

BB1955 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am

Looked at the DB and there is no line in there like the one in the example to change (like you suggested).
What happens if you run the SQL?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:28 pm

BB1955 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:04 am
If your tables have a prefix different than phpBB_ then change the SQL accordingly.
Should you not have a field form_token_sid_guests then there's something wrong.
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:44 pm

I fixed it for him.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”