Language trouble

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jumborex
Name: Franco Giambalvo

Language trouble

Post by jumborex »

I am a old user, but now I'm installing a new board. Starting from scratch!
Now, I installed the Italian Language pack, and it results to be 'default' language, but all the board continue to be in English.
How's this?
Thank you.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
janus_zonstraal

Re: Language trouble

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Did you set your language in Italian in ucp?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Yes, of course: as I said I used this board for a number of years, now I find it very different from my previous experience, and it's for this reason I'm calling for some help.
The issue of the language is one, but when I used the system I had also some helpful tools for changing the Logo, for example. Now all this is forgotten!
Ok: it's not the reason of this post: thank you if you have some idea!
(Thomas Alva Edison)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

How about posting a link and a test account for us to try.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

jumborex wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:49 pm I am a old user, but now I'm installing a new board. Starting from scratch!
Now, I installed the Italian Language pack, and it results to be 'default' language, but all the board continue to be in English.
ACP, Board Settings >> you probably have English as default language for the board, but your account (see your UCP) will have Italian as language
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Now all this is forgotten!
Or changed since the version you where using?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

No! At the moment I have too many troubles in the Board! Possibly I made a poor installation!
Because the Board is new, and not working at the moment, I will re-install everything, and after this I will return in all cases: if it's working explaining why now it's working. If not, I will post a link and a User.
Thank you for now.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

jumborex wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:24 am Because the Board is new, and not working at the moment,
Strange, your first post kind of insinuated you managed to reach the ACP in order to install the Italian language pack and even set it as your language.
What happened after that?
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

I confess: I don't know!
The Board now has a number of issues. When I tried to add a User from outside the ACP "Permission TAB" reported:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../language/en/language/it/acp/permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened. in /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:185 Stack trace: #0 /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../language/', 'language/it/acp...', Array) #1 /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(77): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('./../language/', 'language/it/acp...', Array, Array) #2 /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(625): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load('language/italia...', Array, Array) #3 /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(184): phpbb\language\language->load_core_file('language/italia...') #4 /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/user.php(540): phpbb\language\langua in /web/htdocs/www.altrimondi.org/home/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 185
So the trouble appears to be "Language"!
I will re-install, make a try, them I'll return.
Thank you.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That looks like you've put the Italian language files inside the /en folder instead of the /language folder
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KevC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 am That looks like you've put the Italian language files inside the /en folder instead of the /language folder
Well spotted!
Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../language/en/language/it/acp/permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened.

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

Ok, ok: you are right, I made a mess, sort of!
It was a long time I didn't walked in this software. To be honest, it's not easy. :o
Now I re-installed it, it's apparently working, but the base of the language result to me always in English.
Who want to try it can access this link: https://www.altrimondi.org/forum/
I have an Admin User for you also: SystemHelp and send me a PM for the password.
Thank you.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

jumborex wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:36 am Ok, ok: you are right, I made a mess, sort of!
It was a long time I didn't walked in this software. To be honest, it's not easy. :o
Now I re-installed it, it's apparently working, but the base of the language result to me always in English.
Who want to try it can access this link: https://www.altrimondi.org/forum/
I have an Admin User for you also: SystemHelp and send me a PM for the password.
Thank you.
Default language seems to be Italian (as I guest I see Italian). Perhaps you forgot to set your language to Italian (in UCP)

jumborex

Post by jumborex »

warmweer wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:38 am Default language seems to be Italian (as I guest I see Italian). Perhaps you forgot to set your language to Italian (in UCP)
Not sure what you are asking!
The Italian language apperas to me be installed and defaulted.
Or no?
(Thomas Alva Edison)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

jumborex wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:46 am The Italian language apperas to me be installed and defaulted.
As I said, Italian seems to be the default language, now confirmed.
But when you install the board, the default language is British English, which is also your user language.
After installing a new language (in this case Italian), user settings are not changed, so in your UCP, your language remains set to English and the user (you) will have to change it.

Added: do not remove the English language from your installation or you'll have problems updating.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”