Newbie Help! Getting an SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] on homepage

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
champi0n1

Newbie Help! Getting an SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] on homepage

Post by champi0n1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am

Hello everyone!

I'm hoping you can help me out. Years ago, some friends of mine and I started a website up for us to all keep in touch. It's worked great for years, and when we've had any issues, one of our friends who's a 'techie' always fixed it for us, however, he's moved out of the country, and we've lost touch with him. Now when we pull up our website, it's giving us this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

the mysql_connect function does not exist, is MySQL extension installed? []

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I drew the shortest straw and had to find a way to fix it, as we've got a lot of history on this page that we need to keep! I'm pretty tech-savvy, I eventually work for a mobile website called apknite, but I have no experience with coding or PhpBB. I've done some research and have seen to change the config.php file to mysql4i, but my current config.php file doesn't have a mysql4 in there anywhere. It's entirely possible I'm looking in the wrong place as well. Can anyone give me some help or at least some direction in how to get it back online? Many thanks in advance!!!

warmweer

Re: Newbie Help! Getting an SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] on homepage

Post by warmweer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 am

champi0n1 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

the mysql_connect function does not exist, is MySQL extension installed? []

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Your probably running an older phpBB version (phpBB3.0.x?) and will have to upgrade.
Check the config.php. mysql should be mysqli
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Newbie Help! Getting an SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] on homepage

Post by Mick » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”