How to Add Rich Snippets for Ratings and Reviews

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
rechagul

How to Add Rich Snippets for Ratings and Reviews

Post by rechagul »

Hi,

Want support regarding my forum www.pubgforums.online , i want aggregate rating for my website but my current scheme is @type
BreadcrumbList , how can i change it to aggregaterating so that my forum come in google search like this forum www.hackforums.net (when searched on google)

my website ranking in google is zero i want to increase my organic traffic with my aggregate rating pls help any1

david63

Re: How to Add Rich Snippets for Ratings and Reviews

Post by david63 »

There is no "magic" formula for getting high search engine rankings - it takes time and having plenty of new, relevant content
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

rechagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am

my website ranking in google is zero i want to increase my organic traffic with my aggregate rating pls help any1
Just a moment, your title says "Add Rich Snippets for Ratings and Reviews" did you mean the orange rating stars? Or did you specifically want the "search box" like shown in your screenshot?

PS: Here is a screenshot from a Google search result of our phpBB forum. It features rating stars as we have added a specific Schema markup for it which refers to our actual ratings/reviews. You can't add these unless you have ratings/reviews.
Forex-Station-Rating-Rich-Snippet.png
Last edited by Forex Station on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly powered by phpBB for almost 4 years now: forex-station.com :mrgreen:
Global Alexa rank: 40,500
rechagul

Post by rechagul »

Forex Station wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am
rechagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am

Just a moment, your title says "Add Rich Snippets for Ratings and Reviews" did you mean the orange rating stars? Or did you specifically want the "search box" like shown in your screenshot?

PS: Here is a screenshot from a Google search result of our phpBB forum. It features rating stars as we have added a specific Schema markup for it.
Forex-Station-Rating-Rich-Snippet.png
Hey !! I mean both of them rating as well as search box
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

rechagul wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:36 am

Hey !! I mean both of them rating as well as search box
Sure, first off, do you have any ratings for your site on your forum pages or on your forum's social media pages yet? If you don't, you can't add them until you do!

Second, the search box is generated using a Schema mark up as well which will need to be inserted into your overall_header.html file.
For the search box you'll need to put:

Code: Select all

{
  "@context": "https://schema.org",
  "@type": "WebSite",
  "url": "https://www.pubgforums.online/",
  "potentialAction": {
    "@type": "SearchAction",
    "target": "http://www.pubgforums.online/search.php?keywords={search_term_string}",
    "query-input": "required name=search_term_string"
  }
}
(I've tried to fill your Schema mark up as best as I could, but please review it first).

Important: Also, you need to allow BOTS and GUESTS to search your site in Permissions. I just tried to run a search on your forum and it told me I was not allowed to (as I'm a guest). You'll need to enable this if you want to allow anyone to search your site through a search engine result. If you don't allow Guests or Bots to the ability to search, this markup will not work for your site.
Last edited by Forex Station on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly powered by phpBB for almost 4 years now: forex-station.com :mrgreen:
Global Alexa rank: 40,500
david63

Post by david63 »

Ratings come from people rating your site - there is nothing that you can do to influence that, and if you try to do it "illegally" and Google find out then you will disappear totally from Google rankings.

As for rankings - looking at your board it has not been active for a month yet, it can take several months before it gets into the Google rankings. Has Google indexed your board yet?
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
rechagul

Post by rechagul »

Can you also tell me where excatly i have to put this code in overall header file !!
rechagul

Post by rechagul »

david63 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:48 am
Ratings come from people rating your site - there is nothing that you can do to influence that, and if you try to do it "illegally" and Google find out then you will disappear totally from Google rankings.

As for rankings - looking at your board it has not been active for a month yet, it can take several months before it gets into the Google rankings. Has Google indexed your board yet?
Forum is unable to generate site map file so i uploded manually and uploded to google search console also and it looks like this

aluminium oxide layer
david63

Post by david63 »

Sitemaps are not of much use for dynamic sites such as phpBB and are intended for static sites.

I said before there is no magic formula - you have to be patient and wait Google's time.
david63 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:48 am
Has Google indexed your board yet?
Well has it?
David

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”