SQL error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
millipede

SQL error

Post by millipede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:02 am

I'm on my way to bed so I wont be checking back tonight but, I just tried my forum and got the following message...

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory") [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
That doesn't look good. I'll have to mess with it in the morning. My board is running the latest version of phpBB.

I should have some for help sooner... there was one day I posted a LONG post in the forum and after I was all done I got some sort of sql error... I was devastated at first but it turned out the post did go through so I kind of forgot about it. I'll be back on in the morning to answer any questions and check whatever I may need to check... Hate to leave it hanging but it isn't active anyway and I NEED my sleep. :) zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edit: after a few more refreshes, the board loaded just fine... but obviously something isn't right so I still need help. Thanks. :)

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: SQL error

Post by david63 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 am

That error is a server configuration error and if it corrected itself then maybe the server was in the process of being rebooted or updated.

Unless it is happening a lot then don't worry about it, but if it is happening all the time then it is your hosts that you will need to speak with.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

millipede

Re: SQL error

Post by millipede » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks. Hasn't repeated itself so far today. I'll keep an eye on it.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”