empty posts after upgrade from 3.0.9 to 3.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
EgyptWrite

empty posts after upgrade from 3.0.9 to 3.2

Post by EgyptWrite »

website link: egyptwrite.com
sample of empty posts: http://egyptwrite.com/w/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=50
PHP version : PHP Version 7.2.21

after upgrade , and replacing all files, I see empty posts overall except few, and I tried CLI Re-parser using SSH and it was completed successfully, yet with no luck.
worth to note that I was using the infamous Almsamim wysiwyg but I'm not sure if it's related to that or not, if it's related please advise if there is also a way to have clean instillation of database and only import posts and users and basic tables without anything that mod edited. your help would be much appreciated

EgyptWrite

Re: empty posts after upgrade from 3.0.9 to 3.2

Post by EgyptWrite »

Can anyone help regarding that please? I don't even have a way of uninstalling the damage that almsamim mod did to database.

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

Sometimes autocensor causes this.
You can try disabling word censoring if any in ACP-Posting-Word censoring.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

hopefully you made a complete backup of files and database before you started.

if so, start over and follow these instructions exactly and in order. do not leave out any part

the STK is probably the most important part to remove all the database entries for any MODs you had installed on the 3.0 board.

make a backup of the files and the database and save them to your computer.

Upgrading from phpbb 3.0.x to phpbb 3.2.x

Notes:
be sure to follow these instructions exactly and in order or you will have problems.
  • Your server should be running at least PHP 5.6 but less than 7.3
  • phpBB 3.2 is not compatible with 3.0 and most of the previous files will need to be removed prior to upgrading.
  • Styles and MODs from 3.0 cannot be installed on phpBB 3.2. To upgrade, perform the following steps:
  1. Make a back-up of the original files and database
  2. Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
  3. Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this.
  4. Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
  5. Set British English as the only language pack and delete all other language pack directories from your server
  6. Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
    • The config.php file
    • The /images/ directory
    • The /files/ directory
    • The /store/ directory
  7. Upload the contents of the phpBB3 directory from the uncompressed 3.2.x Full Package (EXCEPT for config.php) into your forum's directory (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original config.php file)
  8. Browse to www.example.com/install/
  9. Click the Update tab
  10. Click the Update button
  11. Click the Update button again
  12. Select "Update database only" and click Submit
  13. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for a message indicating that the update has completed
  14. Delete or rename the /install/ directory

Note:
Ensure that the root level .htaccess file is included in the upload. Some FTP clients do not show files whose names start with a period and you may need to enable the display of hidden files.

Note:
If your board made use of language packs other than British English, you will need to download a version that is compatible with phpBB 3.2 from https://www.phpbb.com/languages/

Important:
When uploading the 3.2 files to your server, do NOT overwrite your config.php.

Important:
When backing up your files, ensure that your FTP client is in binary mode or transfers files without extensions in binary mode.
For more information, see: Knowledge Base - Transferring attachment files with Filezilla
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

EgyptWrite

Post by EgyptWrite »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:04 pm

the STK is probably the most important part to remove all the database entries for any MODs you had installed on the 3.0 board.

Well, I already followed all steps, but for the STK, it didn't work at all, every time I tried to fix database it gave an error. can it work on current install? and sure I have a backup of files and database, but repeating the same steps is pointless if no change will be done.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

No, the STK only works with 3.0.x, I suggest you to upgrade 3.0.9 to 3.0.14 then use the STK and finally upgrade to 3.2.x.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I'd be interested in seeing the content of a post (from the database) before and after the upgrade.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.

EgyptWrite

Post by EgyptWrite »

JoshyPHP wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:35 pm
I'd be interested in seeing the content of a post (from the database) before and after the upgrade.
Yes, i was interested in the same, but couldn't figure the indication. I created a test database so I can compare both of them, see:
Before upgrade
Before upgrade
beforeupgrade.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 305 times
After upgrade
After upgrade
afterupgrade.png (7.56 KiB) Viewed 305 times
3Di wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:24 am
No, the STK only works with 3.0.x, I suggest you to upgrade 3.0.9 to 3.0.14 then use the STK and finally upgrade to 3.2.x.
I tried, this time STK didn't work at all. giving fatal error about language despite I made sure only British English activated. right now the link I have in the post showing content because I'm using the database from before upgrade, multiple errors showing but I believe this is because of lack of upgrades to mods and phpBB

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

You mention upgrade from 3.0.9 to ...
but you're using prosilver 3.0.6

If you tried to update to 3.0.14 using the changed files pack (from 3.0.9) and not the full package then the results are unpredictable.
And if this is the case, you should update to 3.0.14 using the full package.

Do you know which mods were installed, and can you uninstall them (on 3.0.6)?
You could do a compare between a clean 3.0.6 database and your current database (tables/fields) and can perhaps avoid having to use the STK.
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

EgyptWrite wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 am
Yes, i was interested in the same, but couldn't figure the indication. I created a test database so I can compare both of them, see:
If you can manage, export the content of at least one of the original posts that become empty. Use phpMyAdmin to export the phpbb_posts table before upgrade, either in part or in full, and send me a link in PM. I'll see if I can reproduce it locally.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”