Mobilefriendly?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
expose

Mobilefriendly?

Post by expose »

Hi,

Just released my forum (www.jaktgruvan.se) and google starts indexing it.
In the search result Google is saying that my site isnt mobile friendly. When i click the link and Google is running the test i sometimes get that the site IS mobilefriendly and sometimes that its not. See attatched pictures.

Why is it like this? Is there anything wrong?

Best regards,
Anders
expose

Re: Mobilefriendly?

Post by expose »

.....and sometimes the Google-test doesnt even show my style im using?
I just added this in my overall header:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

Lets see how it turns out, the Google tester seemed to like the url's i tested a little bit more. But it still didnt load the style properly.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

For one thing you’re using PHP Version 7.3.8 with which phpBB 3.2.7 isn’t compatible. You need to lower the PHP version to 7.2 or lower.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
expose

Post by expose »

Mick wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:47 am
For one thing you’re using PHP Version 7.3.8 with which phpBB 3.2.7 isn’t compatible. You need to lower the PHP version to 7.2 or lower.
Thanks!
Now i've changed to 7.2! But still having some issues in the Google Mobile-tester tool. Sometimes it doesnt load css and pictures. Sometimes it works like a charm and actually looks like it does in the cellphone.

When im using my cellphone on the site i dont have this issues at all though so why does Google have them?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

What is the Google bot setting (style used) in your ACP?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

expose wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am
Just released my forum (www.jaktgruvan.se) and google starts indexing it
It can take months for Google to index a site properly, you just have to be a bit patient. Who can guarantee the "Google Mobile-tester tool" is accurate? Most testers like this aren't and bear no resemblance to the real world. What does Google have to say on the matter?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
expose

Post by expose »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 am
What is the Google bot setting (style used) in your ACP?
It's set to the style im currently using!
expose

Post by expose »

Mick wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:28 am
expose wrote:
Just released my forum (www.jaktgruvan.se) and google starts indexing it
It can take months for Google to index a site properly, you just have to be a bit patient. Who can guarantee the "Google Mobile-tester tool" is accurate? Most testers like this aren't and bear no resemblance to the real world. What does Google have to say on the matter?
Im not sure if the Google tester-tool is accurate or not but it has flagged my site as "Not mobilefriendly" and that will result that my rankings wont be that high than a site wich are mobilefriendly!

I'll wait and see :)
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

expose wrote:

In the search result Google is saying that my site isnt mobile friendly.
Your site is definitely mobile-friendly. I've just tested it and also loaded it on my Google Pixel smartphone and it's all mobile-friendly on my end.

Go into your Google Search Console and test the site there by putting the URL in to the "Inspect any URL" section. Chose "Test LIVE URL" and does it show it's mobile-friendly? If it does, index the site. It takes a few weeks but it'll be fine once you do this.

its-mobile-friendly.png
Proudly powered by phpBB for almost 4 years now: forex-station.com :mrgreen:
Global Alexa rank: 40,500
expose

Post by expose »

Forex Station wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:31 am
expose wrote:

Your site is definitely mobile-friendly. I've just tested it and also loaded it on my Google Pixel smartphone and it's all mobile-friendly on my end.

Go into your Google Search Console and test the site there by putting the URL in to the "Inspect any URL" section. Chose "Test LIVE URL" and does it show it's mobile-friendly? If it does, index the site. It takes a few weeks but it'll be fine once you do this.

its-mobile-friendly.png
Thanks!

I've done that URL-test and tested the live URL. Everything is green. The site is indexed on Google. The availability is green. And the mobilefriendly is also green.

Wierd that in the google searchresults it's saying its not... We'll think ill have to wait i little bit until Google have indexed it properly!

Thanks again! :-)
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

expose wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks!

I've done that URL-test and tested the live URL. Everything is green. The site is indexed on Google. The availability is green. And the mobilefriendly is also green.

Wierd that in the google searchresults it's saying its not... We'll think ill have to wait i little bit until Google have indexed it properly!

Thanks again! :-)
Yep, give it a couple of weeks and it'll be updated. Let us know how it goes!
Proudly powered by phpBB for almost 4 years now: forex-station.com :mrgreen:
Global Alexa rank: 40,500
expose

Post by expose »

Forex Station wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:31 am
expose wrote:

its-mobile-friendly.png
Can you try this URL's?
https://www.jaktgruvan.se/viewforum.php?f=22
https://www.jaktgruvan.se/viewforum.php?f=14
https://www.jaktgruvan.se/viewforum.php?f=33
https://www.jaktgruvan.se/viewforum.php?f=5

Google have verified them again and tells me there's still problems. Could it be because i created this forums before i added the viewportmetatag in the overall header?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”