How to use 'newly registered users'?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bw99

How to use 'newly registered users'?

Post by bw99 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Apologies if this is obvious - I've read a number of posts about this but I can't get it to work.

I've set the New Member Post limit to 1, but when I sign up with a test user, I am able to make as many posts as I want.

I have account activation set to 'by user (email verification)' but I'm not sure that's relevant.

I was expecting the user to get blocked from creating new posts and maybe the first post to show up in moderation queue or something. Is there something else I need to set to get this to happen?

Many thanks for your help!

bw99

Re: How to use 'newly registered users'?

Post by bw99 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:54 pm

I should add that for permissions I have both newly registered users and registered users set to 'full access'. I thought perhaps newly registered users should be set to 'limited access' but when I moused over 'limited access' it only said something about post avatars and nothing that looked relevant to whether it restricted the number of posts the user made.

bw99

Post by bw99 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Ah - I see there is another permissions setting 'newly registered users'. I'm sure that's what I was doing wrong. I have now set that. Apologies for bothering you.

bw99

Post by bw99 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Hmm. Even with the permissions for newly registered users set to 'newly registered users', my new test user can still make multiple posts. They all sit in the moderation queue, but they are not restricted to only making one post. Is this intentional or do I still have it set up wrongly somehow? Thanks!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm

that is the whole point of that setting. the number of posts you put in the blank for moderating is how many posts have to be approved before they are moved out of the NRU group. they can make as many posts as they want but all will be in the moderating que until you approve the number of posts you have required to be approved.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

bw99

Post by bw99 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 am

Ah ok - thank you!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”