php 7.1 and update to 3.2.7 from older version

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
frostspring

php 7.1 and update to 3.2.7 from older version

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:11 am

PhpBB 3.1.10 → 3.2.7 update failed because of too new PHP version

My web hosting company has made security update and they removed all other PHP versions than 7.x, they do not want serve me with older PHP version.

I was late with updating my PhpBB 3.1.10 and I can not shut down features / preparation as recommend so the update failed.

On the other hand now I can not run PhpBB 3.1.10 either due to php 7.1.
I have searched solution from phpBB.com without succeeding in that.
I have read the manual and even made the backups, but now I have no glue how to proceed.
All help is more than welcome.

warmweer

Re: php 7.1 and update to 3.2.7 from older version

Post by warmweer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am

frostspring wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:11 am
PhpBB 3.1.10 → 3.2.7 update failed because of too new PHP version
I was late with updating my PhpBB 3.1.10 and I can not shut down features / preparation as recommend so the update failed.

On the other hand now I can not run PhpBB 3.1.10 either due to php 7.1.
IIRC if you use the full package for the upgrade it should run normally (since there are no more 3.1 files lingering (but adapt your config.php first).
You may have to edit the database befioe starting the upgrade though (set prosilver as style, British English, disable extensions).
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 pm

warmweer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am
IIRC if you use the full package for the upgrade it should run normally (since there are no more 3.1 files lingering (but adapt your config.php first).
You may have to edit the database befioe starting the upgrade though (set prosilver as style, British English, disable extensions).
Thank you for your reply!
I've tried full package upgrade as instructed lately.
Config.php is having $dbms = 'mysqli'; (and correct database with valid username and password)

I'm not that familiar with database edit, but with instructions it can be done. Please instruct me.
(phpAdmin and database)

Update fails to an error:
"The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:30 pm

frostspring wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:03 pm
Update fails to an error:
"The installer has detected a timeout, you may try to refresh the page, which may lead to data corruption. We suggest that you either increase your timeout settings or try to use the CLI."
What size is your database?
If timeouts continue being a limiting factor, then CLI is a solution (but I have no experience with that but for 1 tryout). Another solution is to to do the upgrade on localhost (personal webserver) (look for USBWebserver 8.6.1 with php 5.6) You can then run your phpBB3.1 anf follow the upgrade instructions). See the Knowledge Base for info on setting up a personal webserver (although with USBWebserver there is no setting up, only extracting) and how to tranfsfer you database.

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm

warmweer wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:27 am
You may have to edit the database before starting the upgrade though (set prosilver as style, British English, disable extensions).
What are values for prosilver in database table "styles" (like "style_id", "style_name",...?
Where / which table to find language? And disabling extensions?

Database size is approx. 25 Mb (.sql).

I made a local setup with USBWebserver 8.6.1 with php 5.6. - thank you for the advise!
-> testing and trying...

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:06 pm

frostspring wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm
Database size is approx. 25 Mb (.sql).
25MB? and that probably includes the searchtables.

Then the timeouts are caused by other things, not by the size of the board.
Actually editing the database directly is a last resort. And because I presume you'll be able to get the 3.1 board running on localhost, try to update there first. For starters, update to 3.1.12 first.

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Local fixing proceeding :)
I just warmly recommend similar local testing.

However, next problem after successful database update:
The database update was successful.
General Error:NO_STYLE_DATA in file C:\usbwebserver_v8.6.2\root\forum\phpbb\user.php on line 286BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.phpLINE: 286CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update_extensions.phpLINE: 128CALL: phpbb\user->setup()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update_extensions->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 111CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 384CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 62CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
For some reason NO_STYLE_DATA (I changed database table values matching prosilver).
I've deleted "Cache" folder's "Production" folder as proposed solution for this problem, no luck so far.
What could be wrong?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm

frostspring wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:02 pm
Local fixing proceeding :)
I just warmly recommend similar local testing.

However, next problem after successful database update:
General Error:NO_STYLE_DATA in file C:\usbwebserver_v8.6.2\root\forum\phpbb\user.php on line 286BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.phpLINE: 286CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update_extensions.phpLINE: 128CALL: phpbb\user->setup()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update_extensions->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 111CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 384CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 62CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
For some reason NO_STYLE_DATA (I changed database table values matching prosilver).
I've deleted "Cache" folder's "Production" folder as proposed solution for this problem, no luck so far.
What could be wrong?
try: in /store >>> delete io_lock.lock, any migrations xxx and install_config.xxx
Changing the style data in the database is risky if you're not sure of what you're doing. Did you also change the user_style? Is the style active (and default). Is prosilver the only style active? Did you disable all extensions in the database (you'll know which table when looking at the database)?

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm

I changed site admin style, language from database and now phpBB is looking promising :roll:

Login display appears correctly 1st time after update, but after login as site admin, the following error comes:
General Error
NO_STYLE_DATA

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.php
LINE: 286
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 29
CALL: phpbb\user->setup()
What to check next?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:23 pm

Check your style_table structure.
This is the structure for a 3.2 table

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_styles` (
  `style_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `style_name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `style_copyright` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `style_active` tinyint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
  `style_path` varchar(100) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `bbcode_bitfield` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT 'kNg=',
  `style_parent_id` int(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `style_parent_tree` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin;

--
-- Export data for table `phpbb_styles`
--

INSERT INTO `phpbb_styles` (`style_id`, `style_name`, `style_copyright`, `style_active`, `style_path`, `bbcode_bitfield`, `style_parent_id`, `style_parent_tree`) VALUES
(1, 'prosilver', '© phpBB Limited', 1, 'prosilver', '//g=', 0, '');
Since your board was upgraded from 3.1, perhaps the style table (from 3.1) wasn't correctly transformed to the 3.2 structure. (I may be confused though, I am 100% sure the 3.0 table structure was different but I'm not confident about the 3.1 structure)

If the structure is different, you can use the sql to create a correct 3.2 table (change the table prefix to your board's).

Or better still, since your using USBwebserver, create a new default phpBB3.2.7 board (in a different subdirectory) which will allow a comparison. You could also install a 3.1 board for reference.

Added: just noticed you're using USBW 8.6.2. That's fine as long as you don't have to revert to phpBB3.1 to fix some errors in there. 8.6.2 uses php 7.1 and phpBB 3.1 won't run properly.

Personally, I'ld go for USBW 8.6.1 with php 5.6 - get 3.1 ready for updating, update to 3.1.12 and then upgrade to 3.2.7.

rubencm
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by rubencm » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:42 pm

I sent you a pm

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 pm

It worked :o - a while...

When administrating the site, I tried to change style prosilver to all users. And then it came same error:
(I made mistake...)
General Error
NO_STYLE_DATA
Update gives following error:
General Error:NO_STYLE_DATA in file C:\Sisua\usbwebserver_v8.6.2\root\forum\phpbb\user.php on line 286BACKTRACEFILE: (not given by php)LINE: (not given by php)CALL: installer_msg_handler()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.phpLINE: 286CALL: trigger_error()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module/update_database/task/update_extensions.phpLINE: 128CALL: phpbb\user->setup()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/module_base.phpLINE: 149CALL: phpbb\install\module\update_database\task\update_extensions->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/installer.phpLINE: 219CALL: phpbb\install\module_base->run()FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/install/controller/update.phpLINE: 133CALL: phpbb\install\installer->run()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.phpLINE: 111CALL: phpbb\install\controller\update->phpbb\install\controller\{closure}()FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.phpLINE: 384CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()FILE: [ROOT]/install/app.phpLINE: 62CALL: Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:25 pm

frostspring wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 pm
It worked :o - a while...
Are you confortable with modifying a PHP file or 2?

This should fix the issue you made: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5671/files
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

frostspring

Post by frostspring » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:35 pm

I actually made new and clean installation and using that database for comparison.

I imported _style table to old one but that did not fix the issue
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0842 seconds.)
-- -- Database: `x-1` -- -- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table `phpbb_styles` -- CREATE TABLE `phpbb_styles` ( `style_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, `style_name` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `style_copyright` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `style_active` tinyint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `style_path` varchar(100) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `bbcode_bitfield` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT 'kNg=', `style_parent_id` int(4) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `style_parent_tree` text COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin
[Edit inline] [ Edit ] [ Create PHP code ]
1 row inserted. (Query took 0.0021 seconds.)
-- -- Dumping data for table `phpbb_styles` -- INSERT INTO `phpbb_styles` (`style_id`, `style_name`, `style_copyright`, `style_active`, `style_path`, `bbcode_bitfield`, `style_parent_id`, `style_parent_tree`) VALUES (1, 'prosilver', '© phpBB Limited', 1, 'prosilver', '//g=', 0, '')

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:40 pm

See my post above yours.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”