I have been locked out of my forum

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Linsa

I have been locked out of my forum

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:54 pm

I bought a theme at theme forest but I and the developer did not get along well with each other. He who owns the theme had access to my web hostig and now he has locked me out of my forum, I cannot log in and my forum is redirected to themeforest. What can I do?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: I have been locked out of my forum

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:56 pm

It's unlikely they've done that.

What does 'locked out' mean?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Linsa

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:58 pm

He had access to my admin account, he simply changed password and email address.

Linsa

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:13 pm

How do I protect my admin account and my hosting so that the person does not come in again?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:19 pm

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Linsa

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:23 pm

KevC wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:19 pm
In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
Thanks. I got help from someone and the one who helped me did something, so I got the account back but all new posts from members are gone. Better it than not being able to access my account. The one who helped me said that whoever owns the theme is sick in the head because he also saw that my password, email address and that my forum is redirected.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:25 pm

I highly doubt they've deleted all the posts and changed your account information. They're regular posters and contributors on here.
Cheap UK Hosting

Linsa

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:31 pm

Not that he who had access to my forum who deleted it but when my friend fix back access to access, it disappeared.

But can you explain why everything becomes a coincidence? First, the person bans me from his forum and then after a minute I log out of my forum and cannot log in and when I press index on my forum my forum is redirected to themeforest?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Without a link to your site, no.
But it wouldn't be sensible business practice to do that.

I just looked at their support forum and saw your request for a refund. It looked a perfectly amicable discussion and I see no reason why they would ban you for that.
Cheap UK Hosting

Linsa

Post by Linsa » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:43 pm

As I said, my friend has restored it but I swear to my only child that he had changed everything. But if you want, can I ask my friend if he can change it back if it goes so you can see it?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:48 pm

No it just seems very unlikely someone would seriously damage their reputation by vandalising a site that's all. And for only a $17 style.
Cheap UK Hosting

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Where is your database backup?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:31 am

This is a support forum, we will do what we can to help you restore your website but I want to make clear that we don't want to be and will not be involved in a dispute between you and the theme creators here. So please stop throwing accusations around. ;)

Steve's right, a database back-up would be the easiest solution to your problems here. Either one from yourself or an older one from your host if they might have that would suffice.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”