Error message

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Exclusive

Re: Error message

Post by Exclusive » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:48 pm

hrp402 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 am
Hi there, I'm another user of the forum and am helping figure out this issue. File ownership and permissions are all correct and the site was previously working. As far as I know no changes have been made to the site recently.

The last time we had issues, it was with the cache and we even had issues deleting the files out of the cache directory. But I just deleted them and I didn't run into a stuck file this time. And it didn't clear up the issue either.

I think I agree with you Exclusive that this is a host issue. This is a shared server if I'm not mistaken. What would you suggest if they push back on it being their issue?
The very first mistake we do in our hosting account is installing phpBB software from cPanel, It is always advisable to download it from the phpBB official site and install it to the directory you want your forum to be because, many web hosting severs sometime do an auto update to the software once there is a new release without the owner's consent, to avoid this don't install phpBB directly from cPanel (I was once a victim/out of experience).

Since it is a shared hosting account, it is possible that your forum is consuming a lot the server's resource, therefore queries are causing high usage. If your database requests are very long, please optimize MYSQL queries on your site, or you can setup remote database on another server. Since the current usage is not fit for Shared Hosting, you can also choose to move to a VPS Hosting or you could decide to move to another provider of your choice, but before this, you need to contact your host in regards to the issues you're facing if there could be any possible solution by them, they should know or tell better.
Use Search Button to get Instant Results | Follow Forum Rules
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | ⟿ Visit My Awesome phpBB Forum! ⬳

Get The Best Web Hosting | ✔ Buy Cheap Domain Names

Jestcoyote
Name: Mark

Post by Jestcoyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Guests

Jestcoyote
Name: Mark

Post by Jestcoyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:35 pm

And now I can't get to Bluehost's support page.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:04 am

I see at least 3 different issues in this topic:
  1. phpBB 3.2.2 is outdated. Update it now before doing anything else.
  2. If you have hundreds of anonymous users from the same IP range, you should look into what they're doing. If their user-agent shows they're a bot, then create a bot entry for it. If they spoof their user-agent, you might as well ban their IP range.
  3. The errors from that log look like a server issue/misconfiguration and therefore not something a shared user can fix. Disregard if you're actually on a VPS.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”