Question About Forms Disappearing

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Mulsiphix

Question About Forms Disappearing

Post by Mulsiphix »

Sometimes when I have taken a while to type a big post, I go to submit it and I am asked to log in. I login and am brought back to an empty post page (just happened on this forum too :cry:). I know there is a "Save Draft" button, but are there any extensions that regularly auto-save what you are typing, like Gmail or Discourse forum software? It would be a real life saver.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Question About Forms Disappearing

Post by warmweer »

Mulsiphix wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm Sometimes when I have taken a while to type a big post, I go to submit it and I am asked to log in. I login and am brought back to an empty post page (just happened on this forum too :cry:). I know there is a "Save Draft" button, but are there any extensions that regularly auto-save what you are typing, like Gmail or Discourse forum software? It would be a real life saver.
Instead of logging in, use the back button on your browser, select the text in your draft, then submit, login, copy/paste and submit.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix »

warmweer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:52 pm Instead of logging in, use the back button on your browser, select the text in your draft, then submit, login, copy/paste and submit.
I did try the back button, and the message was gone. Although, I didn't try going back until after I had logged in. So if I don't log in first, then the message will still be there?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That can happen if you do absolutely nothing for more than about 5 minutes. No activity is seen so your session ends.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix »

KevC wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:10 pm That can happen if you do absolutely nothing for more than about 5 minutes. No activity is seen so your session ends.
So a workaround is to just increase my session time?

Can anyone comment on whether an extension has ever existed that addressed this situation? I'm fairly new to phpBB so I have no clue what may have existed in the past. Now if this conversation were about Firefox extensions, I could site lore like nobody's business :lol:
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

So a workaround is to just increase my session time?
Yes
or type faster
or use a text program to type your message and past it into your post when it is ready.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”