How to list subforums on index but not sub-subforums

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
shadav

How to list subforums on index but not sub-subforums

Post by shadav » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 pm

I see in the acp in manage forums

List subforums in legend:
Displays this forum’s subforums on the index and elsewhere as a link within the legend if their “List subforum in parent-forum’s legend” option is enabled.

and

List subforum in parent-forum’s legend:
Displays this forum on the index and elsewhere as a link within the legend of its parent-forum if the parent-forum’s “List subforums in legend” option is enabled.

but setting those to no removes them completely

I just don't want them showing up on the index page

Category
Forum > Sub Forum > Sub Forum
Another Forum
bla bla

on index I just want to display
Category
Forum > Sub Forum

but then if you go to that forum I want all sub forums to show...
Untitled.png
This is on the index and it's going to get rather congested
Series is the main forum
Classic
Reboot
Comic Style
ChibiSodes
Puppet
are all sub forums
and then each of those will have about 9 sub-sub forums (ie Season 1, 2, 3, ect)
I'd rather these not show on the index but still show when you visit the Series forum

[edit] 3.2.8

Gumboots

Re: How to list subforums on index but not sub-subforums

Post by Gumboots » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 am

Someone may have a better solution, but I've just been playing with something that might help.

Do you have the Collapsible Categories extension installed? That puts a hidden anchor in front of each category, which can be used with suitable CSS selectors to target various things. The selector in this case might get a little convoluted, but you should be able to use it to selectively knock out your gremlins on the board index page. Something along these lines should work:

Code: Select all

#category42 + .forabg a[href~="f=86"] {display: none;}
Where you use the relevant category ID number and subforum href suffix. Might need to stack up oodles of them if you have a lot of nested subforums, but it should work (caveat being it would need that extension installed first).

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”