phpBB Ideas question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
nou nou

phpBB Ideas question

Post by nou nou »

I am currently looking into the phpBB Ideas extension used for the Ideas forum here. Things are going well but there is one thing I can't seem to figure out; what exactly triggers the display of RFC links as you can see on this page here: viewtopic.php?f=436&t=2189647 and how can I add those to an idea?

I realise the extension is not supported but I'm hoping there's a simple answer to this question that somronr may share. It's a pretty great extension, by the way, very useful.

Thank you! :)
AmigoJack

Re: phpBB Ideas question

Post by AmigoJack »

https://github.com/phpbb/ideas wrote:Bug Reporting & Support
You can report bugs or suggest features in the issue tracker. Support is not available for phpBB Ideas however you may email website [at] phpbb [dot] com where you may receive some limited support should the problem be with phpBB Ideas.
The "display" is "triggered" thru setting a value for it. Which is done using rfc() in /ideas/blob/master/controller/idea_controller.php.
  • The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
nou nou

Re: phpBB Ideas question

Post by nou nou »

Thanks!

Yes, it looks like it's tied to topics on area51.phpbb.com, but I can't quite make out the mechanism/workflow behind it.

I'm going to have to do some code adjusting and trial and error to figure it out, I think... :)

Thanks again for the pointer, much appreciated!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”