Can't Log Into Forum After Logout

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
fahmiciel

Can't Log Into Forum After Logout

Post by fahmiciel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 am

Hello anyone, can help for my case after installing the forum and testing (log out) to log in back, my forum can't log in back.
Trying to fix with this article https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -settings/,
but still can't log in back, so confused, can help my problem?

Please, this my attachment :
1. https://prnt.sc/q5ditn (loading and error, can't log in back)
2. https://prnt.sc/q5djgd (trying fix my cookie setting from the article)

Thany you phpBB :D (love)

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Can't Log Into Forum After Logout

Post by Mick » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:11 am

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 am

The first error message that you have is to do with server configuration with your ssl certificate.

The second image that you have posted does not resemble the standard phpBB input for that data.

Are you on a free host or have you used your hosts "one click" install?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

fahmiciel

Post by fahmiciel » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Mick wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:11 am
Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
Thanx for the response
david63 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 am
The first error message that you have is to do with server configuration with your ssl certificate.

The second image that you have posted does not resemble the standard phpBB input for that data.

Are you on a free host or have you used your hosts "one click" install?
Thanx for the response, after i change setting SSL now can login member, but i forget password (super) admin, trying forgot password to e-mail but i have no inbox coming, and then i trying to edit manual in database (md5) users but still cannot login, have a experience about it? how fix it? FYI i'm manual install phpBB forum in paid hosting, but not support "on click" install. My attachment, please https://prnt.sc/q5jm7f thanx

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Try this: In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@example.com', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove founder status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

EA117

Post by EA117 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 pm

fahmiciel wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 am
Please, this my attachment :
1. https://prnt.sc/q5ditn (loading and error, can't log in back)
2. https://prnt.sc/q5djgd (trying fix my cookie setting from the article)
The issue being shown in both screen shots is that port 80 is being forced when HTTPS is in use.

Have you found that "Force server vars: Yes" is actually necessary for your board? If that setting wasn't turned on in order to solve a specific issue, the first suggestion would be to simply de-select "Force server vars:" and let phpBB use the automatic defaults learned through PHP, rather than forcing settings which might disagree with the board.

If you do need to keep "Force server vars: Yes", then either simply leave the "Server port:" value blank (recommended), or at least change the "Server port:" value to 443 so that it's correct for HTTPS.

david63 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 am
The script in the linked knowledgebase article does this, for when you're unable to login in order to access the ACP.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”