[Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
globetrotting

[Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Post by globetrotting »

I have the exact same problem with phpBB not being able to determine the size of some images once the max / min is not set to 0x0 on a 3.28 board ported vom 2.2. running on php 7.2.23
Just like described, editing a post with a pic inside results in not being able to send it because of the dimension error unless the min / max setting is 0x0.

Also some user avatars are not being displayed after conversion although they are well in the allowed dimensions. Not sure if this is caused by the same mechanism, as theses avatars will not be displayed nevermind the min/max setting for avatars. (The missing avatars do appear as small preview in UCP though, but not in postings.)

I didn't bother to look into the given tickets, presuming they have been integrated in 3.28 long ago- or am I wrong?

Posting it here because of this parallel:
xymox wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:18 am
... There is a difference between my boards. The one that works was created new on 3.2. The one that doesn't was upgraded from 2.x..
So maybe something came along for the ride from 2 to 3.2 and thats the issue ?
Last edited by Mick on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2433446
Das Sein ändert das Bewußtsein

AmigoJack

Re: [Split] It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image

Post by AmigoJack »

globetrotting wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm
or am I wrong?
Yes: as per https://github.com/marc1706/fast-image- ... peJpeg.php phpBB is still unable to handle JPEG files which have a header beyond a given filesize (currently 768 kiB).
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”