trying to move forums to new host - having strange issues

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
menz01

trying to move forums to new host - having strange issues

Post by menz01 »

Hello all,
i am trying to move my forums to a new host. so far, i backed up the database using phpmyadmin. i downloaded the same version of PHPBB as my install (3.2.2) and installed it to my server and got it up and running. i then restored the database using "bigdump" it finished after a few attempts (more on that in a bit) but now when i go to the forums i cant get to ACP. all i see is
testforums.PNG
i can use my admin username and password but all i see is this screen and there is no link to the ACP. i am sure there is something that needs to be fixed. so the only thing i can point out is that restoring using bigdump failed sever times with the error:

"At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts. Please read the BigDump FAQs for more infos"

after some googling i came across an article that said to change the line
define ('MAX_QUERY_LINES',300);
to a larger number. i did and the big dump finally completed with no errors but as you can see in the pic i something is wrong

any ideas?

P_I

Re: trying to move forums to new host - having strange issues

Post by P_I »

Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

i downloaded the same version of PHPBB as my install (3.2.2) and installed it to my server and got it up and running.
Why not downloading the old 3.2.2 files from your old host?
And upload them to your new host, only than you are sure that nothing is lost.
(styles, images and files)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

menz01 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:48 pm
i am trying to move my forums to a new host. so far, i backed up the database using phpmyadmin.

i can use my admin username and password but all i see is this screen and there is no link to the ACP. i am sure there is something that needs to be fixed. so the only thing i can point out is that restoring using bigdump failed sever times with the error:

"At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts. Please read the BigDump FAQs for more infos"

after some googling i came across an article that said to change the line
define ('MAX_QUERY_LINES',300);
to a larger number. i did and the big dump finally completed with no errors but as you can see in the pic i something is wrong
You used phpMyAdmin but allowed extended inserts, and bigdump.php fails with extended inserts.
You should have used the phpBB backup function, they never contain extended inserts and are perfectly useable with bigdump.

One way to solve the problem is to make a new backup using phpBB backup system, or using phpMyAdmin to make a backup (without extended inserts).
If you can't to that anymore you could edit your backup sql and that could be easy or difficult depending on how the queries are constructed (and the size of your backup) - not something to consider as yet.
Increasing the nr of line bigdump will consider wil only work if you can make enough memory available but that is risky.

You could try editing the dump file so that after each 299 inserts you start a new statement: example

INSERT INTO `someTable` (`id`, `field1`, `field2`) VALUES
(1, 'a', 'b'),
(2, 'c', 'd'),
(3, 'e', 'f'),
etc...
(299, 'w', 'x');
INSERT INTO `someTable` (`id`, `field1`, `field2`) VALUES
(300, 'y', 'z'),
(301, ... ),
etc

This is relatively easy, the number doesn't have to be exactly 299 (or 300) or the same each time, as long as it's less than 300.
Copy the first line INSERT INTO `someTable` (`id`, `field1`, `field2`) VALUES
after (less than 300) 299 lines , change the comma into a semi_colon
insert the copied line
and repeat until you reach the end.
Do that for each sql statementwhich has extended inserts.
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Forget bigdump and use adminer
https://www.adminer.org/

Upload the database, click import in adminer and ready
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:29 pm
Forget bigdump and use adminer
You're absolutely right, I forgot about Adminer (it's actually included by default in wampserver).
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

menz01

Post by menz01 »

thanks i will try your suggestions

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”