[Split] Questions about updating from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
72degrees

[Split] Questions about updating from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Post by 72degrees »

<Watches Topic>
Similar issues with timeout (way before the default 90 seconds on my host?) after file replacement strategy. A clean 3.2.9 install works fine.

Just about to try the automatic update option. This is a BETA bare bones installation as proof of concept before attempting this on a much larger board with many forums, topics and images and several extensions.
Last edited by Mick on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'And what is good, Phaedrus, And what is not good—Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?'

72degrees

Re: Questions about updating from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Post by 72degrees »

Right, successfully updated using the 3.2.2 to 3.2.9 auto update package. All went swimmingly though I forgot to rename install afterwards, so a wobbly was thrown when I first visited the root folder. Soon corrected, however, the new installation reports that it is 3.3.0. I'll recheck the source .zip I used but I'm sure I used the correct 3.2.2 to 3.2.9 one.

All working OK including standard extensions. Core code needs a couple of patches from the change log I have though. A previous query suggested to avoid 3.3.0 in case extensions are incompatible. I will have to do more testing yet. When I have I will report on those that are not giving issues.

My only problem now is a custom extension for which support may no longer be available and I can't easily run from this BETA instance (accesses an external database). That will need to be the subject of another query in the suitable arena though.
'And what is good, Phaedrus, And what is not good—Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?'

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Split] Questions about updating from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Post by Mick »

Please don’t tag your support questions on to existing topics, start your own. We prefer one subject one topic ;)

If you’d like someone to have a go at upgrading an existing but either ABD or no longer supported extension or even a MOD post in extension requests, someone may do it for you.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Please read: “Am I In The Right Place?” before posting.

72degrees

Re: Questions about updating from 3.2.2 to 3.2.9

Post by 72degrees »

72degrees wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:38 pm
That will need to be the subject of another query in the suitable arena though.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”