Custom profile field oddity

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
I've Been Banned!

Custom profile field oddity

Post by 2600 »

I'll try to describe this as best as I can.

I added a custom profile field some time ago to allow users to add a link for a picture of their computer. Now in the custom profile field I added an example URL link in the text area of an image hosting site URL to use. Well, that image hosting website went defunct so I went into the custom profile filed options and got rid of that example link. Even though I did that users who registered prior to this change still had that link example in their profile field. So thinking it was a cache thing I cleared the cache. Still no change. So I had to go into these two user's profiles via the ACP and delete the example link in the custom profile text box under their profile.

I think this may be a bug and if it exists in 3.3.x it may need to be fixed.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
david63

Re: Custom profile field oddity

Post by david63 »

It could be a browser cache issue or a browser "autofill" issue.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
I've Been Banned!

Re: Custom profile field oddity

Post by 2600 »

I don't think it's an autofill issue as I don't use that. I'd have to check the browser cache idea, but I doubt that's it.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”