Change post order

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
P_I

Re: Change post order

Post by P_I »

CarolC1 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm
Checked and the server is on PHP 7.3 (board is 3.2.5).
Hopefully someone from the phpBB Support Team can confirm, but phpBB 3.2.6 Release - Please Update states
Marc wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:45 am
The fixed issues include, among others, support for cookies on domains with special chars, support for the Q&A plugin on MySQL 5.7, as well as preventing the installation of phpBB 3.2 on PHP 7.3. Full PHP 7.3 compatibility will be included in phpBB 3.3.
Based on the above your phpBB version isn't compatible with your PHP version, which will cause problems.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
CarolC1

Re: Change post order

Post by CarolC1 »

Thanks from finding the exact quote, P_I, that looks right and I need to see if they'll roll it back.
david63 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:16 am
You can, of course, change the poster name from the MCP tools
This made me think of a hack, which I'm not sure I'm going to use, but it would probably work.

The goal is to highlight a great idea contained within a topic, in a special highlight forum.

Usually there are one or more posts in the topic before the great idea is posted, because the idea is posted in response to something. For example if the topic is 6 posts long, the great idea might be in post 4.

What could be done is copy the topic to the highlight forum, split it to pull out post 3 and 4, creating a new 2-post topic. Use post 3 as a shell, change the title to a descriptive title, change the author to the forum mod, and change the text to whatever explanation/link you want to include. It would be quick and it would work on the majority of topics.

Usually if someone is posting a great idea as a standalone topic, they give it a title that describes it pretty well, so it does not need any extra post at the beginning.

Just a thought.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”