Cannot post/reply

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
ivy17

Cannot post/reply

Post by ivy17 »

My forum is running 3.2.4

While trying to post or reply:

1) The text box is literally gone from the "Post a New Topic" page
2) Even though I'm logged in, the "Forum Rule: You have to be logged in to post...etc." pops up.

I haven't messed with any of the settings recently. Help please!
Attachments
Text box is gone
Text box is gone
ssl
Name: Fred

Re: Cannot post/reply

Post by ssl »

Hi
I think about permissions problem
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!
Random American

Post by Random American »

ssl wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Hi
I think about permissions problem
I don't think so. It looks more like a malfunction than a problem with permission settings.

ivy17,
Try disabling any extensions you have to see if that helps. The Extensions Manager is in the Customize tab of the ACP. Also filling a support request template and posting the output here may be helpful: https://www.phpbb.com/support/srt/
ivy17

Post by ivy17 »

I didn't build the forum myself, but we use ForumHulp and that has a few extensions installed. I disabled some of them but the problem still persists.

The last post on the forum was 4 days ago - up until then it was working great. What else could be the issue? Or do you think it has something to do with extensions?
Random American wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 pm
I don't think so. It looks more like a malfunction than a problem with permission settings.

ivy17,
Try disabling any extensions you have to see if that helps. The Extensions Manager is in the Customize tab of the ACP. Also filling a support request template and posting the output here may be helpful: https://www.phpbb.com/support/srt/
david63

Post by david63 »

ivy17 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:51 am
I didn't build the forum myself, but we use ForumHulp
Then that is probably the first place to start with resolving the problem.

If you use software from a source other than this site then we have no idea what changes have been made which may cause problems.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Random American

ivy17 wrote:
I disabled some of them but the problem still persists.

The last post on the forum was 4 days ago - up until then it was working great. What else could be the issue? Or do you think it has something to do with extensions?
Extensions are the most obvious place to look. I would disable all of them. If it's not the extensions, then I would look into how the board was installed like david63 said.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

It looks like a style problem to me. I think we have seen that "one character" text editor box before.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

A link to your board would help. I could copy it from the screenshot, but I am not going to.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Random American

stevemaury wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
A link to your board would help. I could copy it from the screenshot, but I am not going to.
I googled the board name and I think this is it: https://www.cessna120140.com/Forum2018/
ivy17

Post by ivy17 »

ivy17

Post by ivy17 »

stevemaury wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
Some error messages are popping up in ACP:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/src/ArrayObject.php on line 426: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 272: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 275: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 281: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 287: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 296: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 314: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 319: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 137: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3314)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 137: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3314)
Last edited by Mick on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.
ivy17

Post by ivy17 »

Random American wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:18 pm
ivy17 wrote:
I disabled some of them but the problem still persists.

Extensions are the most obvious place to look. I would disable all of them. If it's not the extensions, then I would look into how the board was installed like david63 said.
Disabled all of the extensions and the problem still persists. I will look into how the board was installed. Some error messages popped up in ACP, see my reply above.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

As an aside, nothing to do with this issue, you realise /Forum2018 and /forum2018 aren’t the same don’t you?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Random American

ivy17 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 am
Disabled all of the extensions and the problem still persists. I will look into how the board was installed. Some error messages popped up in ACP, see my reply above.
Sorry my recommendations wasn't helpful.
ivy17

Post by ivy17 »

Random American wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:41 pm
ivy17 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 am
Sorry my recommendations wasn't helpful.
It's ok! I think it was an issue with PHP and other things but it is being worked on right now. I appreciate your help!

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”