Corrupt files (in file folder) after upgrade

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
timeforhelp1

Corrupt files (in file folder) after upgrade

Post by timeforhelp1 »

Just found out all the files seem corrupt, the pics show an error, word docs and pdf when downloaded can't be opened, there is a read error.
How I updated, I downloaded all my files to my desktop from 3.0.13pl version as I had a working 3.1 board and after I updated to 3.1 the on to 3.2 I then re uploaded the files to the file folder, now obviously everything doesn't work the way it should, if at all, any ideas please.

EDIT:
Ok it may be something to do with transferring and the ASCII thing
Knowledge Base - Transferring attachment files with Filezilla
But I didn't use Filezilla I used coffecup ftp so I will now look at their settings, I have a backup of the files so that is good.

Any help though appreciated.

EDIT:
There does not seem to be an option in coffecup like Filezilla only transfer mode AUTO ASCII and Binary
EA117

Re: Corrupt files (in file folder) after upgrade

Post by EA117 »

timeforhelp1 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:28 pm
There does not seem to be an option in coffecup like Filezilla only transfer mode AUTO ASCII and Binary
Yes, that is what you want. Just set it to Binary transfer and re-upload the /files folder, overwriting the existing files that were transferred as ASCII. You're not specifically requiring a "what mode should I transfer files that don't have an extension" option; that is simply what Filezilla happens to have. What you require is the ability to ensure that the /files folder contents are uploaded in Binary mode, regardless of whether they had an extension or not.

Simply doing the entire phpBB board upload in Binary mode is typically fine, too. You would have to have a pretty weird web server (or local machine) in order to actually have the kind of situation that FTP's ASCII transfer mode intends to solve. Simply uploading everything in binary mode will still get you correct .TXT, .PHP, .HTML and other "text" files, in addition to making sure your binary files get treated as binary.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”