Can't login or access admin page

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
seanlancaster

Re: Can't login or access admin page

Post by seanlancaster »

Well, I have 5 phpbb installations. I am probably looking at the wrong one. I have probably selected one that is long gone. I'll go look again and try and get it right.
-sean
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

If you look in the config.php file it will give you the prefix for the correct tables.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
seanlancaster

Post by seanlancaster »

3.0.11 is another. None of the rest have php_config. That was released in 2012. Yikes!

I really run most of my phpbb forums on another domain and through another hosting service. If I used this one in Dec. 2017 I would have been surprised if I didn't try and update it at that point, but I guess anything is possible.

I'll check the config.php for the prefix. Thanks.
-sean
seanlancaster

Post by seanlancaster »

Egads! This is the 3.0.5 version. I think I just need to give up. I'll spend more time trying to get this viewable than just starting over with this class. I do appreciate the help up to this point. I can't go back to php version 5.x on this service (at least I don't think I can) and that would be required to try and upgrade.
-sean
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Upgrading from 3.0.X is usually straight forward especially if you have no modifications. Some 3.0.X modifications added tables and and changes to the database and the normal upgrade process includes removing them. However that is usually inconsequential.

Make sure you have backup of the database and files before proceeding and simply follow the instructions here:

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/

These are the problematic instructions since you do not have access to ACP:
Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
It appears you are using prosilver and this should not be a problem.

Remove all MOD-related changes from the database. The Support Toolkit's Database Cleaner can be used for this
This is not absolutely required but is best practice. If you have no mods installed it's irrelevant.

Set British English as the only language pack
If you have set a different language like US English download the language files and upload them before proceeding with upgrade.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
seanlancaster

Post by seanlancaster »

I have time tomorrow to try. I appreciate you sticking with me. I run very vanilla versions. I think the only modification from default I make it to change the logo and header image. But that can get wiped out and won't bother me.
-sean

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”