Posts & Topic issue after upgrading PHP Version / will PhpBB 3.2.11 Support PHPv7.3.27 ?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
manigopal

Posts & Topic issue after upgrading PHP Version / will PhpBB 3.2.11 Support PHPv7.3.27 ?

Post by manigopal »

I have been running my PhpBB Board on PHP v7.0.9 with PhpBB v3.2.11. MySQL collate : utf8_bin

Now i tried to upgrade my PHP Version from 7.0.9 to Version 7.3.27. I showed me errors so i searched and found someone mentioning 3.2x will support max PHP v7.2. So now i installed xampp version 7.2.33. Still im facing errors. Since i have 1GB of Database size i use MySQL Dump option to import them.

I use this query for importing my large db using cmd line

to skip import process

Code: Select all

mysql -u username -p database_name < "/path/file.sql"

to view import process

mysql -u username -p -v database_name < "/path/file.sql"

but still i couldn't get # ~ which initiates the import is complete (even though i'm not worried about it)

Now i could see Errors when replying to the post (i.e creating new post)

The errors are

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Field 'post_id' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (forum_id, poster_id, icon_id, poster_ip, post_time, post_visibility, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_magic_url, enable_sig, post_username, post_subject, post_text, post_checksum, post_attachment, bbcode_bitfield, bbcode_uid, post_postcount, post_edit_locked, topic_id) VALUES

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 997
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 196
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 2000
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 1504
CALL: submit_post()
Should i need to go back to PHP v7.0.9 to run my board ?
Last edited by manigopal on Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Posts & Topic issue after upgrading PHP Version

Post by Brf »

post_id, along with other fields, is an auto-increment. You often have to set those fields manually when you import a database.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

manigopal wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am but still i couldn't get # ~ which initiates the import is complete (even though i'm not worried about it)
How long are you waiting? Depends on the machine but this can take quite while with a DB that big. On windows machine open the task manager, mysqld.exe should be 0% CPU if it's complete.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
manigopal

Post by manigopal »

Brf wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:15 pm post_id, along with other fields, is an auto-increment. You often have to set those fields manually when you import a database.
how do i do that ?

i tried to change post_id field to autoIncrement at DB it kept loading but nothing happened.
manigopal

Post by manigopal »

I am planning to upgrade my Board from 3.2.11 to 3.3.4 with PHP 7.3.27. Will this be good to work ?
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't shout
janus_zonstraal

Re: Posts & Topic issue after upgrading PHP Version / will PhpBB 3.2.11 Support PHPv7.3.27 ?

Post by janus_zonstraal »

yes phpbb3.3.4 works on php7.3 (and up to php8.0)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Posts & Topic issue after upgrading PHP Version / will PhpBB 3.2.11 Support PHPv7.3.27 ?

Post by thecoalman »

How are you exporting the DB? I just double checked some dumps to confirm and as expected auto_increment is set.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

thecoalman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:39 am I just double checked some dumps to confirm and as expected auto_increment is set.
Importing data into an auto-increment column is problematic. Often, the database engine turns off the auto-increment to allow the data to be imported into the field.
There are several posts in the last year involving this, most with the log_id field.
manigopal

Post by manigopal »

i got back to Php7.0.9 with my PhpBB3.2.11 itself they are good since i use them at localhost that is good for me but i wanted to make them upgrade to recent ones.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”