permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
exxos

permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened

Post by exxos »

Some reason the permissions tab in the admin control panel comes up the error below. All other tabs work perfectly fine.

I see the problem is it is looking for the file in ./../language/en/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php But I do not know how that path is generated ?

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'phpbb\\language\\exception\\language_file_not_found' with message 'Language file ./../language/en/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php couldn't be opened.' in /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:185

Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\\language\\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../language/', 'en/acp/permissi...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(77): phpbb\\language\\language_file_loader->load_file('./../language/', 'language/en-ori...', Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(625): phpbb\\language\\language_file_loader->load('language/en-ori...', Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language.php(184): phpbb\\language\\language->load_core_file('language/en-ori...')
#4 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/user.php(537): phpbb\\language\\language->add_lang('language/en-ori...', NULL)
#5 /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/user.php(507): phpbb\\user->set_lang('language 
in /var/www/html/forum/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 185, referer: https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/adm/index.php?sid=a2fdddd8bdb6d80def6b56ccc487c28d&i=acp_language&mode=lang_packs

To get it working again I copied all the files into a /en/en/ And I can access permissions again fine. But obviously that is not the proper fix for this problem.

I have searched and found others with the same problem, and the fix just seems to be reinstall the language files. But this did not solve the problem anyway.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”