you can't really import only part of the database. all of the tables are interconnected.
here is the best way to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2
Upgrading from phpbb 3.0.x to phpbb 3.2.x
- Your server must be running at least PHP 5.4
- MODs for 3.0.x are incompatible with 3.2.x and their functionality will be removed in the update process.
- Styles for 3.0.x cannot be installed or used on 3.2.x.
- Backup up your board's files and database
- Download the Support Toolkit. Install it and run the database cleaner to remove all old MODs from the database.
- Deactivate all styles except for prosilver
- Ensure that the activated spambot countermeasure is one of the standard phpBB plugins (Simple image, GD image, GD 3D image, Q&A, reCaptacha).
- Set British English as the only language pack
- Delete all of your phpBB 3.0.x files EXCEPT for the following:
- Download the 3.2.x Full Package to your computer and unzip it.
- Delete the blank config.php file from it. (Note: you don't want to overwrite your original
- Upload all the remaining files/folders to your server where your old board was.
- Browse to
yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/install/ then click the update tab. Click update database only. This could take a long time on a large board, maybe hours.
- Delete the folder named
- Hold one foot in the air and spin around in a circle three times saying "I am a phpbb guru".
if you follow all of those steps exactly, and in order, you should have no problems.