vBullitin 5.1.6 to phpBB 3.2

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
davidridden

vBullitin 5.1.6 to phpBB 3.2

Post by davidridden »

Hi all

I have just installed phpBB 3.2. I have done nothing since installing apart from deleting the install directory.

I'd be interested to hear any tips or advice regarding migrating copying our users and data from vBullitin to phpBB? The other thread in this forum doesn't give much detail so I wonder how accurate it is

Many thanks

Dave
.m.

Re: vBullitin 5.1.6 to phpBB 3.2

Post by .m. »

direct conversion from vB 5.x to phpBB 3.2 may not be easily possible.
you may have to convert to some other system first (e. MyBB) & then to phpBB

can you post link to the other topic you referred ..
davidridden

Post by davidridden »

.m.

Post by .m. »

so at present direct conversion is not available ( :( ) as per the replies at above referred topic
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

also, to answer your other question. anything you do to your new phpbb board will be over written during the conversion process so, don't waste your time setting up forums, or making posts or signing up members etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
davidridden

Post by davidridden »

Sounds like a conversion might be a little optimistic... perhaps time to enlist some professionals :shock:
LP-1

Post by LP-1 »

davidridden wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 am Sounds like a conversion might be a little optimistic... perhaps time to enlist some professionals :shock:
If you had any luck finding someone who was professional and affordable you'd recommend please shoot me a PM.
"Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable.

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”