3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
khabbab

3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by khabbab » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:34 am

Hi,

Due to some issue with my current hosting account (Account suspended), i have to migrate my phpbb forum. Current version is 3.0.12 and i am using custom style. I have found a new hosting provider but they only support 3.2.1 and not previous versions. I have access to cpanel and have got complete backup of my phpbb forum. How can i migrate to 3.12.1 without facing major issues, i can live with some minor issue for now.

Regards,
Khabbab

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: 3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by KevC » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 am

You can do it on your own computer and then just upload the database and files for 3.2 on the new host. Then change the config.php file to match the new host database information.

Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server
or
Practical.Running_phpBB3_on_localhost

Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Re: 3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by david63 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:46 am

khabbab wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:34 am
I have found a new hosting provider but they only support 3.2.1 and not previous versions.
Not sure what that means as hosting providers do not normally "support" software packages unless they are their own "one-click" versions, which are not recommended here due to their files having been changed.

The only limiting factor could be that their servers are running PHP7, but that would still mean that you could, if you so wished, run phpBB 3.2.0
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email or as they will be ignored

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”