3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
khabbab

3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by khabbab »

Hi,

Due to some issue with my current hosting account (Account suspended), i have to migrate my phpbb forum. Current version is 3.0.12 and i am using custom style. I have found a new hosting provider but they only support 3.2.1 and not previous versions. I have access to cpanel and have got complete backup of my phpbb forum. How can i migrate to 3.12.1 without facing major issues, i can live with some minor issue for now.

Regards,
Khabbab
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: 3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by KevC »

You can do it on your own computer and then just upload the database and files for 3.2 on the new host. Then change the config.php file to match the new host database information.

Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server
or
Running phpBB3 on localhost

Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Re: 3.0.12 To 3.2.1 without admin control panel

Post by david63 »

khabbab wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:34 am I have found a new hosting provider but they only support 3.2.1 and not previous versions.
Not sure what that means as hosting providers do not normally "support" software packages unless they are their own "one-click" versions, which are not recommended here due to their files having been changed.

The only limiting factor could be that their servers are running PHP7, but that would still mean that you could, if you so wished, run phpBB 3.2.0
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”