[Solved] Invalid board path

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
jack208

[Solved] Invalid board path

Post by jack208 »

Am trying to convert (import) from IPB3.4 - using Protech converter - into phpBB but at the converter page, it kept giving me errors on the board path.

I presume the converter is importing data from the IPB3.4 mySQL db into phpBB (it'll be ver 3.0.12) and therefore do not need the Invision board files to be present, no?

The error I keep getting:
Could not find path to your former board. Please check your settings and try again.
» ../forums was specified as the source path.

Can someone advise what do you type into the Board Path input? Or do I need all the Invision IPB3.4 files to be present before I can run this converter?
Last edited by jack208 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Invalid board path

Post by KevC »

I haven't converted IPB but if it's similar to how a phpBB2 conversion works you'll need the IPB board to be working so it can see the configuration path to where the database is.

Then when it asks you for the path to the former board you need to give it the relative path to where that IPB installation is.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
jack208

Post by jack208 »

My IPB is on a hosted plan so that means I won't have access to the installation/sys files as it's on Invision's servers. I do have a copy of the database having asked Invision to make a full backup for me. Would this mean the importer won't work?
jack208

Post by jack208 »

Found the answer. Posting this for other's reference.

I dived into the converter.php codes and in line 240, the converter is looking for a specific file "dav.php". Copying this file into the folder above resolved this. Thanks everyone.

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”