Converting and importing old ikonboard database

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Paul Arden
Name: Paul Arden

Converting and importing old ikonboard database

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi folks,

I run a discussion board using phpBB and very good it is too. I converted from ikonboard after they stopped having upgrades. Actually that's not entirely true, I started a new Board because I was put off exporting the ikonboard database because it is HUGE! And instead I use it as an archived forum.

The problem has come up in that I had to migrate servers, and after the migration the old Ikonboard forum isn't loading - it has a problem accessing the database and neither the host company nor cpanel can solve it.

So another option that I've considered is, is it possible to set up a phpBB board that can access the existing ikonboard database without getting into the old ikonboard admin and exporting it first? Or is there someway I can modify the database without ikonboard running?

Very many thanks for any help you can offer.

I don't know if I've explained that very well by the way :D

Cheers, Paul
it's all about to happen..
david63

Re: Converting and importing old ikonboard database

Post by david63 »

If you are asking if you can use your ikonboard database with phpBB files then the answer will be no.

The best option I can find, and it is not ideal, is to look in the 3.0 Converters forum and see if there is a version that will convert your version of ikonboard to phpBB 3.0.x and then upgrade it to phpBB 3.2.

Failing that Mr Google may be able to find something.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”