Stuck converting smf>phpbb

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Blinkel

Stuck converting smf>phpbb

Post by Blinkel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello All,

I have been busy converting a board to Phpbb. Original it was a VBulletinboard which I succesfully converted to SMF.
I did that because it was the best way to get to Phpbb, my final desination. But as you can guess, it does not work...yet.

I did get the convertor to work after allot of trial and error. But it gets stuck there. I start the conversion and after a second or 10 the famous 500 error is there. This is the error from the errorreport:
Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on null in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forums/install/convertors/functions_smf20.php on line 747The error is in this file: functions_smf20.php on line 747

This is the line in the specific file:
$convert->p_master->error('<span style="color:red">' . $user->lang['COLLIDING_USERNAMES_FOUND'] . '</span></b><br /><br />' . $list . '<b>', __LINE__, __FILE__);

Ok, we have colliding usernames, I have read something about that on the board. But it would be nice to know which those names are and what to do.

Anybody an idea?

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”