Converting from IPB 2.0.0

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Moras

Converting from IPB 2.0.0

Post by Moras »

Hello,

We have an old forum on IPB 2.0.0 and we would like to convert it to latest version of phpBB.

However I can't find any convertor for version 2.0.0, and as far as I know it's not possible to convert directly to 3.2.x

Can someone provide me the right files for this operation with tips how to do that? :)
Moras

Re: Converting from IPB 2.0.0

Post by Moras »

Update:

After speding few hours on this I have successfully converted the board from IPB 2.0.0 to phpBB 2.0.23. I encountered just a known problem with user passwords that was fixed by editing the login.php file. Overall the board was working ok, I was able to log in.

Later on I decided to update from phpBB 2.0.23 to the latest version (phpBB 3.2.1), the converting process did not return any errors, but I am not able to log in anymore and the "forgot my password" does not work aswell.

Is there anyone who could advise on this, please?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
autonomy

Post by autonomy »

Desperately trying to migrate from IPB v2.0.0 myself... Would you mind detailing your method or conversion script used?

Return to “[3.2.x] Convertors”